Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zwilling Kramer SG2

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    do u own shun Kramer knife? how does the ZK SG2 compare with the shun Kramer sg2??
    Are you asking about the knife or the steel? Yes I do own both. Shun claims that their Kramer SG2 is 64-66 HRC and Zwilling claims their SG2 is 63 HRC. I can't tell the difference in hardness but the ZK is a much nicer knife.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Are you asking about the knife or the steel? Yes I do own both. Shun claims that their Kramer SG2 is 64-66 HRC and Zwilling claims their SG2 is 63 HRC. I can't tell the difference in hardness but the ZK is a much nicer knife.
    thanks for answer! I already own the shun kramer & carbon ZK kramer! just wondering is worth spend $400+ to buy another similar kramer knife??

I'm resurrecting this thread since I'm interested in hearing how the SG2 Zwilling Kramer performs. I'm not a fan of the fatter grind because I know that SG2 clad knives can be ground incredibly thinly. My Tanaka R2 gyuto proves this. But If I were going to buy a 'Western' profile chef's knife, the Kramer is the one I'd get.

I purchased a KramerZ SG2 about six months ago as well. I took me a while to warm up to the profile but nowadays I enjoy using it. It usually doesn't come off the magnetic strip unless I'm working with hard root vegetables, winter squash, large cuts of meat etc. I'm still a newbie to sharpening but I have difficulty getting it anywhere near as sharp as my carbon steel knives.