Quantcast
Where are you going? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you going?

I'm going to work.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

To the fridge for another beer! I was a road warrior for <insert prominent IT company here> for 8 years, I don't want to go anywhere anymore...esp if it involves the TSA or commercial airlines.

Considering taking my RV on a 7-8 week road trip from AR to Seattle next summer though....
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I don't like to travel much! I went to Canada for a Band Trip when I was in High School and the Carribean for my brothers wedding/cruise, but that's about the farthest I've been! I went to Florida a couple times for Spring Break training when I was an assistant track coach. I go to Mass for fishing trips, or I go out 70-120 miles off of Montauk for Offshore fishing trips. Other than that, I stay at home pretty much. I'd rather spend the money on knives, stones, guns, etc than go away for a week.

Travelling is my favorite hobby, by far.
    London is on the schedule for this week and next.
    Christmas holiday will be spent on the Canaries, and the plan right now is to spend a couple weeks in the big apple come May.
    Sadly, I don't have time to join my wife for a Shanghai trip in a month, but we'll find some spot we can do together this fall.

Anywhere but here.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Cutty I'm interested in your past travels, but where are you planning to go next?
    Well, I haven't travelled so much as lived in many places, mainly in Europe and Asia, along with 2 years in Tunisia and of course Canada. I was back in Toronto in 2005-6 and I definitely felt like a foreigner for the first 12 months, with people often assuming I was.

Currently in Korea (for the 2nd time). Not sure about the next port of call, though. That's 1 or 2 years from now, so far into the future in my book. I've visited Japan twice this year for the first time since 1997-9 when I lived there, and am still on a bit of Japan kick which is partially knife-fuelled, partially because it's a bit like going home, and probably because I like it better than 10+ years ago. Oh, and because I can sometimes get cheap tickets from Seoul (though not that cheap compared to many flight prices in SE Asia or Europe).

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    My next one: quick weekend in Tokyo with my sister -- her first visit.

Arrive at Haneda late on a Thursday, head to a manga kissa in Shinbashi for a couple of hours, then take in the bluefin auctions at Tsukiji followed by nigiri breakfast at one of the market sushi bars. Shopping at Tsukiji, then a trek up to Asakusa and the temples. A nap at the hotel (in Ginza) then up to the Tokyo Domu in Bunkyo for a Giants-Swallows game and then a late supper in Ginza. Saturday morning exploring the Imperial Palace grounds, then over to Sumida and the Kokugikan in Ryogoku for the second-to-last day of the September Bashō (floor-level box seats if I'm lucky). Back to Akiba and Ginza for the evening before heading back to Haneda for an early flight to the States and then home. Optionally, one extra day in Tokyo to explore more.
    This is nuts! You're going to to visit the Imperial Palace grounds???

Just kidding (although I also don't think the Palace grounds are a real top site in Tokyo) ... I mean, you're flying halfway across the world for a mere 48 hours? Hardly seems worth it unless you have free tickets or something. ... Have you been before? The plans all sound good, except for the Palace in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Anywhere but here.
    I had to google 'MCB Hansen' to figure out you're in a military camp, so now I understand. I've never been to Okinawa, but I imagine it's pleasant. However, I guess if you're US Military you have many restrictions on your freedoms there (I know about the politics with US bases in Japan).

much more awesomer
    I've been to Chuo/Maronouchi a couple of times already but have not been to the East garden yet, just figured it might be worth a visit. It's a pretty tight schedule, though, so it might get skipped. She wants to get to the Sensoji complex in Asakusa as well as the nearby Drum Museum on the way to Kappabashi-dori -- all doable within a couple of hours after Tsukiji. Saturday could just as easily be spent shopping in Shibuya before heading back to Ryogoku for the Sumo.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Originally from:
    Singapore

Been to:
    Malaysia - Almost all of it, including Sarawak
    Thailand - Bangkok, Pattaya, Changmai, Puket, Hatyai
    Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City
    Indonesia - Jakata
    Brunei
    Hong Kong
    Shenzhen
    Taiwan - Taipei, Miaoli, Taizhong
    England - London, Liverpool
    Australia - Perth, Fremantle, Margret River, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and surrounds

Place to visit next:
    Australia - Ayers Rock, Victoria, South Australia Vineyards
    Spain - Pays Basque Region
    Japan - ALL OF IT!!

+ Reply to Thread