Quantcast
Where are you going? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you going?

Places I've been

U.S.A-NYC-FLA(Naples)Cali-LA and San Fran
    Europe-6 month journey of discovery(I was 19 yrs old) UK France Holland Germany Italy Greece
    Spain-Ibiza twice 1989 and 1990 before it got douchey
    Thailand and Hong Kong
    Rio De Janeiro for Carnival

Want to go back to Spain(next spring/ summer),France and Italy
    Would love to go to Japan....

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I've been to Chuo/Maronouchi a couple of times already but have not been to the East garden yet, just figured it might be worth a visit. It's a pretty tight schedule, though, so it might get skipped. She wants to get to the Sensoji complex in Asakusa as well as the nearby Drum Museum on the way to Kappabashi-dori -- all doable within a couple of hours after Tsukiji. Saturday could just as easily be spent shopping in Shibuya before heading back to Ryogoku for the Sumo.
    Actually, I don't remember looking around the east gardens, and earlier this year when there it was raining (so my wife said no). I'm sure you know, though, that there are other nice parks/gardens if you can't make it there. Have you ever been to the Tokyo Forum in Marunouchi? I don't know if it's worth a visit on a short trip like yours, but I love that building. http://www.architravel.com/files/bul...Forum_main.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    In the early 90s I was a tour group leader, spending weeks at a stretch abroad, and all I wanted to do was get home. I had traveled all my life -- dad managed a couple of large travel companies -- and wanted to be more settled.
    SameGuy - I forgot to point out that, obviously, you are still not settled. Anyone who lists their home as an airport code (YUL) still has some issues with this.

I generally list my home as PDX, because it is easier to type than Portland, Oregon. It has nothing to do with issues!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

You don't like typing, I guess. But I'm concerned SameGuy lives in Pearson International Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    You don't like typing, I guess. But I'm concerned SameGuy lives in Pearson International Airport.
    YUL is actually Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport(Montreal)
    Pearson is YYZ

Whoops! Ya got me. Yup, I guess some of us haven't spent much time in the country lately. YYZ for TO, which I'd suggest as a cosier airport home for SameGuy than PET/YUL. Much bigger and modern.

Been to:
    United States-36 states and counting
    Saudi Arabia-lived there for 3 years
    Bahrain
    Egypt
    England
    Scotland
    Holland
    France
    Spain
    Mexico

Places to visit next:
    Italy
    Germany

Engorged Member
    Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    I don't know. I have a Delta credit I need to use before the end of September, any suggestions?
    i just got back from Portland, Maine, and had a great time. i'd definitely recommend it for a jaunt. lots of great food, up that way, including brainsausage's restaurant.