I made a fatal error with the saya.
It does not fit snug to the bolster because I did not thin the glue on the inner edge of the spacer and this prevents the blade from going all the way in. So this is a temporary saya until I make a new one.
I was happy with the rest of the shaping and finishing. I have had this ebony for a while and had never made anything with it. It is a lot nicer than I thought.
After talking with Pesky for a while yesterday he/we came up with the idea to taper the spacer from top to bottom.
That should help to match the blade taper for a better fit.
So that is what I will try on the next one.
If that doesn't work out, I will get some chisels and try that way.