Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lodge Carbon Steel Skillets vs. de Buyer?

Lodge Carbon Steel Skillets vs. de Buyer?

Has anyone tried the Lodge Carbon Steel Skillets?

They say on their website that they have already been seasoned.

I am curious to see how they work compared to the de Buyer skillets.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

I remember seeing some less than good reviews of the Lodge carbon steel, can't recall where. On the other hand, I have a couple of De Buyer that I love.

i have both. the Lodge pans perform great. they won't last quite as long. for the price, who cares.

I have a rather old Lodge and a few deBuyer's and they are just different. My Lodge is thicker and heavier and great for cornbread, the deBuyers are more fun and get more use overall. All are pretty non-stick.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I don't know anything about the steel pans. Just looked on their web site and see that they are made in the USA. I was not expecting that. Impressed. I have witnessed their seasoning process and they do a good job, better than you could do at home.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I don't know anything about the steel pans. Just looked on their web site and see that they are made in the USA. I was not expecting that. Impressed. I have witnessed their seasoning process and they do a good job, better than you could do at home.
    -AJ
    Here are a couple of videos of Lodge that may be of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4S3k...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTKT...ayer_embedded#!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I have a rather old Lodge and a few deBuyer's and they are just different. My Lodge is thicker and heavier and great for cornbread, the deBuyers are more fun and get more use overall. All are pretty non-stick.
    The lodge cast iron (love) and steel (really like) are different.

Thanks Edipis, I was confused, and now I am less confused:>) Actually think I may have to try out one of the Lodge steel pans now.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Good stuff. I've been through the plant several times. I love picking through the blemish pile next door at the outlet store. Good deals if you know what a cosmetic vs. a structural defect are.

-AJ

Couldn't find anything on Utube for the steel skillets, seen one at a local shop but didn't look at it that close....