Quantcast
BoneHead!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BoneHead!!!!!!!

BoneHead!!!!!!!

I did an experimental grind on a blade yesterday.It is geared more for ease of cutting then food release.The front half of the blade is way thinner then I like in a knife,but grinding a blade the way "I" like is not the way I need to be doing things.So hear is the BONE HEAD move,and I will blame it on me being tired,I installed the D on for a lefty....I cut a few small thing up with it(still not sharpened) and I am going to say that the handle feels amazing with a hammer grip.Your thumb on your right hand fits perfectly on the angled ferrule spot. Thanx for looking

Must have been going around yesterday. I picked up a set of dressers from my father in law yesterday, drove slow the whole way home so that they wouldn't scratch and then without thinking pulled the pick-up into the garage with a large crash caught the upright dresser on the house and scratched it and the house pretty darn good. My wife just about peed herself she was laughing so hard.

Needless to say, I was originally "thinking" of sanding them down, now they will "definitely" be sanded and refinished.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Mario, would love to see some pics of the grind you don't like.
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Mario, would love to see some pics of the grind you don't like.
    It's not the grind I don't prefer,this blade is ground as similar as I could get it to my others.I put a much thinner distal taper on the front half of the blade and I prefer a thicker blade.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    It's not the grind I don't prefer,this blade is ground as similar as I could get it to my others.I put a much thinner distal taper on the front half of the blade and I prefer a thicker blade.
    That's what I want to see then! Will the taper affect the flex of the blade much? Why do you personally prefer a thicker blade?
    Sorry for all the questions, but your work just keeps getting better! I'm intrigued......
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    That's what I want to see then! Will the taper affect the flex of the blade much? Why do you personally prefer a thicker blade?
    Sorry for all the questions, but your work just keeps getting better! I'm intrigued......
    A thinner taper will effect flex,if that kinda thing matter to you .My Kramer was so thin the first 1.5" it was difficult to sharpen due to flex.I don't have an answer why I like what I like,could be I like my knives like my women......a little chubby

Engorged Member
    Im left handed...maybe I could take it off your hands...

Lefty here, too; and I like an extreme taper.....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Guys, I want it, and my handle is Lefty...I mean, C'mon!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

+ Reply to Thread