BoneHead!!!!!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
002-92.jpg

003-83.jpg

001-102.jpg

I did an experimental grind on a blade yesterday.It is geared more for ease of cutting then food release.The front half of the blade is way thinner then I like in a knife,but grinding a blade the way "I" like is not the way I need to be doing things.So hear is the BONE HEAD move,and I will blame it on me being tired,I installed the D on for a lefty:beatinghead::beatinghead::beatinghead::beatinghead:....I cut a few small thing up with it(still not sharpened) and I am going to say that the handle feels amazing with a hammer grip.Your thumb on your right hand fits perfectly on the angled ferrule spot. Thanx for looking

Must have been going around yesterday. I picked up a set of dressers from my father in law yesterday, drove slow the whole way home so that they wouldn't scratch and then without thinking pulled the pick-up into the garage with a large crash caught the upright dresser on the house and scratched it and the house pretty darn good. My wife just about peed herself she was laughing so hard.

Needless to say, I was originally "thinking" of sanding them down, now they will "definitely" be sanded and refinished.

Mario, would love to see some pics of the grind you don't like.

Mario, would love to see some pics of the grind you don't like.

It's not the grind I don't prefer,this blade is ground as similar as I could get it to my others.I put a much thinner distal taper on the front half of the blade and I prefer a thicker blade.

It's not the grind I don't prefer,this blade is ground as similar as I could get it to my others.I put a much thinner distal taper on the front half of the blade and I prefer a thicker blade.

That's what I want to see then! Will the taper affect the flex of the blade much? Why do you personally prefer a thicker blade?
Sorry for all the questions, but your work just keeps getting better! I'm intrigued......

That's what I want to see then! Will the taper affect the flex of the blade much? Why do you personally prefer a thicker blade?
Sorry for all the questions, but your work just keeps getting better! I'm intrigued......

A thinner taper will effect flex,if that kinda thing matter to you .My Kramer was so thin the first 1.5" it was difficult to sharpen due to flex.I don't have an answer why I like what I like,could be I like my knives like my women......a little chubby:D

Im left handed...maybe I could take it off your hands...

Guys, I want it, and my handle is Lefty...I mean, C'mon!

Back