Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Forged Stainless mono, Nakiri ,with hollow geometry, prototype

Well give me a little while to play with it and i'll send it off on its travels, EU then the States,

Will, I'd like to be included in the stateside passaround, if possible.

Thanks,

Rick

Is a hollow grind above the edge something done in commercial knives? I think this is a really cool design but I've never seen it done before?

I'd love to take this weirdo for a ride! (Those words have gotten me in some tight situations before...HAH!)

I rechecked the specifications..

at 58mm high .. it should not have any knuckle clearance issues and in fact wld serve as a mini -cleaver of which my sugimoto stainless chinese chefs knife is 190mm long x 950 mm high . Most Nakiris are between 160 adn 180mm long.

wld love if it is a tad longer say at 16cm and the Balance point is at the heel.. that wld be my perfect mini chopper.. excellent for me as home cook for I can cut/ chop adn scoop adn cook as a continuous prep work is not my thing really; ( maybe not so well organized) . From your video.. your cutting or rather chopping technique is more fluent....

Will kindly confirm the balance point and I would like to seriously consider getting this for my grandma..

Have fun
    D

I'd like in on the passaround! In Sweden of course....

Thanks

I'm just curious. Does everyone here get such ridiculous edges on their knives? That is seriously one sharp knife.

I am nearly done playing with this one folks will put up as a pass around as planned soon. Don, there is trade off for the polished edge in this particular steel because of its super fine grain i'm finding Its a better, longer lasting working edge taken back to toothy with a 1K. Where as I find with my carbon dammy I can polish the edge and as it blunts it remains toothy and still cuts.

That's really cool knife, Will. Great food release, nice looks, cuts beautifully. Well done! I like your board too.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I like the geomitry idea there.