Extra Bold - Old Growth Koa - Stabilized by K&G

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just added these new blocks to the webstore.
These stabilized blocks are Old Growth Koa with Extra Bold Compression Curl Figure.
This is some Koa that I bought from a Native Hawaiian who inherited the wood from the estate of his Grandfather. This Koa was harvested from their own property years ago and had been set aside to save for a special project. Grandfather was a maker of High End Ukeles. Several years back the Grandfather passed away and the Grandson inherited the wood. After sitting for years without getting used, he decided to share the wood with me.

These blocks have been professionally stabilized by K&G so you know they were done right.
Free Shipping Worldwide - No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee

Use this link to go to the Brand New Pieces Category where these are located in the web store.

[video=youtube_share;PKTDBt4Jv1E]http://youtu.be/PKTDBt4Jv1E[/video]

If you are a member of the knife forums you can have a 10% discount off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.

If you are a repeat customer you can have a 20% discount off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my repeat customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

To Contact me with any questions or special requests you can email [email protected] or call 541-592-5071

Wish he had some of the ukes for sale. Thought about wood for ukuleles before I read through the post. Beautiful wood.
Whoever gets a block will be very lucky.

Here is something a little bit different.
My Favorite - Red Koa
001-33.jpg

I just finished adding the red ones to the same section of the store.

I added a new category to the store called "Brand New Pieces"
That is where I will post the new stuff.
They will stay there for about a week and then any remaining pieces will be moved to their normal subcategory.
I thought it would be easier to scan what is new without having to take a lot of time looking through everything.

Back