Quantcast
300mm sakai yusuke sujihiki
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300mm sakai yusuke sujihiki

300mm sakai yusuke sujihiki

im putting my sakai suji white steel up for sale. its about 8 weeks old and is in very nice condition. Ive only used it maybe once or twice a week to portion steaks. it has a lot of patina that i left on because it looks real nice in person. i paid around $252 for it with shipping from blue way. Yusukes reputation for great fit in finish is definitely true with this knife. ill let it go for $190 shipping included. thanks

by the way, you increase the size of the photo if you click on it. i wasnt sure if that was common knowledge or not.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Tempting. Is the back half a little bowed/oversharpened, or is it just the pics and my rapidly degenerating eyesight?

its patina. i sharpened it 50/50. in all honesty though there is some scratches there behind the edge towards the middle due to sloppy sharpening. usually i would just remove it with a some auto sand paper but the patina "cool" factor was worth keeping.

oh yeah, to answer your question there is definitely no over sharpening anywhere on this knife. i only sharpened this knife 2 times and touched it up a few times with an 8k. its crazy sharp at the moment if that makes a difference to anybody.

Yeah I figured it was light/patina/bad eyes. Wanna give me the spine to heel height? And 300mm heel to tip, or machi to tip?

no problem. ill get measurements and post this afternoon. i wanna say its around 285mm long and 40mm tall.

Only curious - I think you're not the first to have a new knife that you're trying to sell. Why are you selling after only 8 weeks?

no good reason, really. its a great knife, if it doesnt sell i dont really mind keeping it. like i said earlier, im only using it once a week for work. theres just not alot stuff going on at my job to really hold on to it. i also happen to sell off knives i like in order to try new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i also happen to sell off knives i like in order to try new stuff.
    I do the same thing. I don't buy knives, I lease them!