• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

300mm sakai yusuke sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

https://www.teruyasu.net/products/
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
im putting my sakai suji white steel up for sale. its about 8 weeks old and is in very nice condition. Ive only used it maybe once or twice a week to portion steaks. it has a lot of patina that i left on because it looks real nice in person. i paid around $252 for it with shipping from blue way. Yusukes reputation for great fit in finish is definitely true with this knife. ill let it go for $190 shipping included. thanks

its patina. i sharpened it 50/50. in all honesty though there is some scratches there behind the edge towards the middle due to sloppy sharpening. usually i would just remove it with a some auto sand paper but the patina "cool" factor was worth keeping.

oh yeah, to answer your question there is definitely no over sharpening anywhere on this knife. i only sharpened this knife 2 times and touched it up a few times with an 8k. its crazy sharp at the moment if that makes a difference to anybody.

Only curious - I think you're not the first to have a new knife that you're trying to sell. Why are you selling after only 8 weeks?

no good reason, really. its a great knife, if it doesnt sell i dont really mind keeping it. like i said earlier, im only using it once a week for work. theres just not alot stuff going on at my job to really hold on to it. i also happen to sell off knives i like in order to try new stuff.

That's a nice price on a nice blade...my 300 suji slot is filled, though. Someone needs to scoop this up!

I do the same thing. I don't buy knives, I lease them!
That's same model as achat-rachat in French ("buy-rebuy"); it's often the cheapest way to get nicer things, like having a new​ car for a few weeks in Europe. It's cheaper to lease the car for four weeks, brand new from the factory, then to rent it (used) from a car rental agency.

I'll take it. Need something to take the place of my yanagiba that I don't bring to work much anymore.

Coool.

One of these days I want to visit the workshops in Sakai that make up Yusuke, Takayuki, Suisin and other knives. The Yusukes may be a FOTM now (like Ittosai Kotetsu or Aritsugu once were), but they just seem so well made and finished.

Congrats!

tell us how you like it!

I love it. Sharpens up very easily, as white steel does, profile and grind is great, seems to hold it's edge considerably better than the white steel konosukes that I once had ( most likely heat treat related if I had to guess ). I'll probably get the 270mm gyuto sooner than later. Not that I really need it, I've got 5 gyutos and a vintage sab chefs in my work kit as it is but I like the suji and would like to have the gyuto as well. Would definitely recommend it if you're in the market for a 300mm white steel suji.

Latest posts

Back