Konosuke HD2??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shankster

Founding Member
Reaction score
I just read on Tosho Knife Art's website that "HD2(a variation of konosuke's semi stainless steel)" is coming soon.
Has anyone else heard about this or is it old news?

One source whose name cannot be spoken suggested that HD2 will have better edge retention, due to composition not hardness.

When can we expect to see them does anyone know?

WT? Are they following the Apple business model; IPod Touch, IPhone5, IPad3....seriously? Can I download the HD2 upgrade?

WT? Are they following the Apple business model; IPod Touch, IPhone5, IPad3....seriously? Can I download the HD2 upgrade?

Actually Apple is moving away from that. The newest Ipad is not Ipad3, its just Ipad.

And I"m sure they aren't the first to come up with numerical model numbers!

That's not going to stop them from suing you for patent infringement for using said model though.

Actually Apple is moving away from that. The newest Ipad is not Ipad3, its just Ipad.

Well, apple hasn't been first with anything.. except for when Wozniak was with them. Since then, nothing.

But that hasn't stopped them from suing as much as Monster does.

Since when was a product upgrade a bad thing? I can't wait to see how these HD2s perform.

Since when was a product upgrade a bad thing? I can't wait to see how these HD2s perform.

Since I just bought 2 HD's in the past year and now I have to upgrade! :D(just kidding)

I wonder if they'll change anything else,like the profile(not that they should)..

I know we're all looking for excuses to buy more knives :biggrin:

I hope this doesn't get as bad as my "addiction" to upgrading my PC.Try keeping up with that technology!

I hope this doesn't get as bad as my "addiction" to upgrading my PC.Try keeping up with that technology!

I gave up on that two years ago... might be time for an upgrade come windows 8.

Just waiting for the eversharp to show up.

Why would'ya need stones huh?

ec8d7417fb86281acb019c05f3df985b.jpg

LOL! I stocked up on Mach 3 Turbo cartridges at Costco a couple of months ago. Considering I shave every few days, and learned from a cruise ship showgirl that it takes at least ten shaves for a blade to break in... I'm pretty sure I'm set for blades until long after I'll be gone.

If they jiust named it something else ... be a new steel and not create as much upgraditis.

Wish it I had that stock of mach 3 blades a couple months ago. I used a 5 blade monstrosity that gave me problems. Now I'm a noob at B&B forums and looking into straight razors... don't really want a new obsession, jist a good shave! Never had one of those. Ever.

I switched to straight razor shaving about a year ago and couldn't be happier--it just feels so much better in every way! Plus the straight razor hobby hasn't really cost me that much so far. Granted, that may be because I spend all my spare change on knives and don't have anything left for the razors.... :scratchhead:

Knifelust is strong... sharpening bug is strong.... bank balance is weak.... and I'm sorry for the thread drift. So.... whadabout them HD2s?

I guess this could perhaps be an example of the downsides of being secretive when it comes to what steel is used in your knives. You could have a new amazing steel that is way better than the old one but if you can't tell anyone the difference between them there might be some cynical people seeing it as just marketing

I guess this could perhaps be an example of the downsides of being secretive when it comes to what steel is used in your knives. You could have a new amazing steel that is way better than the old one but if you can't tell anyone the difference between them there might be some cynical people seeing it as just marketing

+10

I stick to Atra's.

Amen to that! Old school Gillette twin trac for me!

Oh yeah, I'm waitin for the Super-Ultra-Mega-HD7, with electron size carbides hardened to 87HRc.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

Interesting approach... Never thought of it that way... I guess if you keep it a mistery then your customers cant appreciate value added until they try it and see palpable results... Right? Then its all word of mouth... This creates too issues:

1) It takes time
2) the difference big enough to justify the expenditure / upgrade.

Got me thinking.... :lol2:

Back