Quantcast
Planning Ahead
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Planning Ahead

  1. #1

    Planning Ahead

    What are you going to ask your family/friends for holiday gifts this year? I'm already working my way towards the gift giving time of the year....

    .... I'm guessing that many of you will be asking knives and stones for the holiday season. What's on your wish list?


    P.S.
    I usually have tough time picking something for Jon. If I were you, what will you get for him?

  2. #2

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,366
    Better lighting for the cameras...he's mentioned it a couple of times
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  3. #3
    Oooo... lighting gets pricey if you buy brand new. If Jon doesn't mind second-hand, there's a pretty active second-hand market for it and there isn't as much worry about them as there would be for lenses

    Otherwise I'd get Jon something that would make his time in the shop or at the computer more comfortable ... I hear he spends just a bit of time there
    Len

  4. #4

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Oooo... lighting gets pricey if you buy brand new. If Jon doesn't mind second-hand, there's a pretty active second-hand market for it and there isn't as much worry about them as there would be for lenses

    Otherwise I'd get Jon something that would make his time in the shop or at the computer more comfortable ... I hear he spends just a bit of time there
    I know nothing at all about this stuff...except that anything related to quality photography gets $$$ quickly.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara@JKI View Post
    I usually have tough time picking something for Jon. If I were you, what will you get for him?
    I'm sure you've seen this before, Sara, but seeing as how Jon probably likes Japanese food you can get him this interesting invention. I doubt he (or almost anyone else) has one. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NH2NCPdZyN...amencooler.JPG

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    I'm sure you've seen this before, Sara, but seeing as how Jon probably likes Japanese food you can get him this interesting invention. I doubt he (or almost anyone else) has one. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NH2NCPdZyN...amencooler.JPG
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

  7. #7
    Foie gras.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Foie gras.
    Isn't that banned in California? You'd need 'connections' for that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Isn't that banned in California?
    Yes, it's banned. I'm just being a smart *ss.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •