Japanese Knives Planning Ahead

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara@JKI

Reaction score
What are you going to ask your family/friends for holiday gifts this year? I'm already working my way towards the gift giving time of the year.... :D

.... I'm guessing that many of you will be asking knives and stones for the holiday season. What's on your wish list?

P.S.
I usually have tough time picking something for Jon. If I were you, what will you get for him?

Better lighting for the cameras...he's mentioned it a couple of times :)

Oooo... lighting gets pricey if you buy brand new. If Jon doesn't mind second-hand, there's a pretty active second-hand market for it and there isn't as much worry about them as there would be for lenses :)

Otherwise I'd get Jon something that would make his time in the shop or at the computer more comfortable ... I hear he spends just a bit of time there ;)

Oooo... lighting gets pricey if you buy brand new. If Jon doesn't mind second-hand, there's a pretty active second-hand market for it and there isn't as much worry about them as there would be for lenses :)

Otherwise I'd get Jon something that would make his time in the shop or at the computer more comfortable ... I hear he spends just a bit of time there ;)

I know nothing at all about this stuff...except that anything related to quality photography gets $$$ quickly.

It's only illegal to sell it. Some places are "giving it away", like with a $20.00 piece of bread!

I should send Jon a lobe, hope it doesn't melt in shipping to sunny California. Maybe you should change where you ask for advice on Jon's gifts, I think he might browse this page everyonce in awhile.

My preferred gift for January would be a well-paid job in academia - then I could hang out the rest of the year at the beach and eat foie gras before getting back to work :)

Stefan

... Jon already got better lighting as his b-day gift :doublethumbsup: foie gras? really guys? Jon will soon have heart attack! so I say no. :spankarse:

I was thinking about knives.... I know he has way too many knives, but he is, I think, currently short of honyaki knives.

Back