Pizza in the BGE!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
I made some pizza dough with the sour dough starter that I have been nurturing! I built a pizza with some basil pesto that I froze last summer with fresh mozzarella and feta, chicken and heirloom tomato. It was looking really good, the Egg was over 700º and in 4 minutes it was ready. As I slid the peel under the pie it slid away from me......
That was last night. Today...........

0814021401a.jpg

this is not a double post -hahaha haaaaaaha hahaaaaa

Kind of a cracker crust...................

So tonight I stuffed a chicken with a sliced lemon and a bunch of fresh rosemary and rested it on a rack over some 2 buck chuck, then roasted it in the Egg using the pizza for smoke. Wazoo!

Is that pizza what they mean when they say "deep, dark golden brown"?

Its clearly 'GBD' - gruesome black disaster :D

Stefan

I know some of those guys from the egg forums that is classic. That is a good site with the used egg, egg book price list updated annually. Don't know how I missed that before.

Two options that can make cooking pie on a BGE or any grill a bit more pleasant is either a pizza screen or deep dish pans. If you use screens (you can get them cheap on flea-bay) youst be sure NOT to press on the dough when saucing or putting your toppings on. You don't want to push the dough into the screen. ;) With deep dish pans I put the dough in a sprayed pan and then sauce it allowing the crust to rise an hour or so before I toop the pies and cook. You can do Detroit style this way as well with square pans. Now I just have to figure out how to cook on the BGE and drive the Dream Cruise at the same time!

Dave

Latest posts

Back