Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time To Switch To Bing

Yep, just Google trying to be helpful. A regular cleanout of your browser will help.

I don't mind Google tracking me everywhere. I am using their services(mail, maps, browser, imagehosting, search)! It'd be like getting angry because your sushi chef remembers what you like.

I too stopped using google, now I do it through duckduckgo.com. They also have a variety of adblockers that can be installed on firefox, etc. They can be found at the bottom of this link here: http://donttrack.us/
    Ghostery works the best and is the most awesome in general.

Not everyone enjoys using duckduckgo because the format is so different and its very simplified but I trust them as a company. Works for me.
    It is our human duty to enjoy life. We’ve got to be greedy about living. We learned that greed is a vice, but that’s old. Greed is a virtue. Especially this greediness for life.

much more awesomer
    HAhahahahahaha.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Try it .... not shopped.

much more awesomer
    I did, didn't work for me. But it's funny just the same.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I would say that 70% of the time now I use google image search when looking for products. You can immediately get a a visual on which product you are looking for without clicking into a dozen sites, and then you can hover over the image to see where the URL goes to sort out the riff-raff. There are too many words, websites, and links these days, so I am going to more visual in my searches. IMO that is one reason why Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social platforms now -- its more visual. And most vendors label their images well so you will get those results but if you search for Shige and then click 'images' you will also get blogs and knife forums on the first page -- something that would never happen with a regular search.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

duckduckgo, pinterest, and google image search are 3 great ideas---thanks!

Seriously install ghostery. You won't believe how many ad sites are trying to watch you. and you get to BLOCK THEM BEETCHES! There are some sites where I see 14, 16, 18+ ad tracking sites all wondering what I'm up to. And you know what they see?
    It is our human duty to enjoy life. We’ve got to be greedy about living. We learned that greed is a vice, but that’s old. Greed is a virtue. Especially this greediness for life.

much more awesomer
    Ghostery works well with Fx, but Cr? Not necessary.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky