Customer Rewards and Thank You

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
A lot of you here have played a big part in the success of the Burl Source web store.
Because of your friendship, advice and purchases from our webstore, I am able to do what I like most.
That is; search for the coolest woods I can find, get to see it used on some amazing knives and sometimes use some on my own projects. For me this is a lot of fun.

The way we run the business is a little bit different than most business models.
I have to make a profit from what I sell but the dollars get distributed a little bit differently.
Whenever anything is sold from the webstore the money goes into an account to pay for stabilizing, supplies, my wages and a little bit to my boss to help with the overhead as well as other expenses like taxes and such. Anything left over, I get to spend on more wood. I have an unending supply of local woods right here but I like to get other stuff like Koa, Ironwood and any other unusual stuff I can find like the 5000 year old Bog Oak as well as Asian and Australian woods when I can get them.

Over the last couple weeks I have been talking to a few people on the forums about this Customer Rewards thing.
Since it is the repeat customers who have made things work for us, they should be the ones to be rewarded.
We have been allowing repeat customers to have a 20% discount by entering a discount code during checkout when they buy anything from the web store. This will be an extra, but limited time offering on top of that.

For a short period of time, our repeat customers will be able to purchase an in-store credit of $120 for $100, or a $250 credit for $200. This offering will most likely end at the beginning of September or when a certain dollar amount is met. When combined with the repeat customer discount code this is like getting close to a 40% discount on any thing you want in the store whenever you want to get something.

Here is how it works
1st of all, you must be a repeat customer and be registered in the web store. The registration is necessary so the in-store credit can be applied to your account. Anyone who has completed the store registration prior to September 1st 2012 will be considered a repeat customer. This enables those who have made purchases from us either in person, on the forums or using anonymous checkout with previous web store purchases to qualify for this reward program.

After you purchase the in-store credit you will receive an Order Confirmation that will be sent to the email address you designated in your store registration. This occurs automatically with any purchase and usually takes place within minutes.

Within 24 hours I will manually apply a $120 In-Store Credit to your account. When this is done the store software will once again automatically generate an email that will be sent to you confirming the store credit.

After the credit is applied to your account it is there like a pre-payment toward any future purchases. You can use it all at once toward one order, or a bit at a time. Whichever you prefer.

Example
If you have an In-Store credit of $120 dollars and you place an order for $80. The $80 will be applied to your purchase at checkout and the remaining $40 will stay as an in-store credit toward your next purchase.
or
If you have an In-Store Credit of $120 and you place an order for $150. During checkout the $120 will be applied toward your purchase and you will be prompted to pay the $30 balance for your order.

This is meant as a reward to those of you who are loyal repeat customers and have helped in making this web store a success. It is my way of saying thank you by helping your dollars go a little bit farther.

If you have any questions you can call me during the day at 541-592-5071
If I am running machinery I may not hear the phone, so please be sure to leave a message.

To purchase a Customer Rewards Store Credit go to our web store at www.burlsource.us and click the category link on the left that says Customer Rewards. Or just click this link.

Pretty cool Mark!! Just put in for one of the $250 credits!

Are the credits good indefinitely?
Yes, there is no time limit on the in store credit whether you use it in 2 days or 2 years.
One of my regulars has a couple customs on order. So when his name comes up on the list to be made he will be picking out the handle material for the knife.

I made an error and was not clear on something.
The way I worded things above I unintentionally made it sound like you could use the repeat customer code on the purchase of the store credits.

It probably should have read more like;
Then later when you go to use your store credit and combine your savings with the repeat customer discount code this is like getting close to a 40% discount on any thing you want in the store whenever you want to get something.
example;
bought $120 store credit for $100 (saved about 20%)
later when store credit used on a purchase use repeat discount at checkout for an additional 20% discount off the price of the items being purchased with the store credits.

I apologize for being unclear.
I allowed a few to go through with an additional discount off the store credit price before I noticed my error and corrected it.
These went to a couple good customers so I am ok with that. But it is fixed now.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
The Customer Rewards - Store Credits will be available to purchase in the webstore until September 7th.
After that they will no longer be available to purchase.
There is no time frame in which they have to be used. They are valid indefinitely.
I was just making them available for a limited time as a way of saying thank you.

Ugh that was what I was gonna do :nutskick:.

Instead I bought a Kitayama from Dave instead. :eek:hmy:

Saturday morning 9/8, I will be removing the option to purchase the Customer Rewards Store Credits from the web store.
Those of you who have or will be purchasing the store credits can use them whenever they like.
The credits are posted to your registered account and do not have a "use by" date. They are valid indefinitely.

Latest posts

Back