Quantcast
JohnnyChance's Place in Hartford
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JohnnyChance's Place in Hartford

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

JohnnyChance's Place in Hartford

Last night the wife & I had a date night. We are out of town visiting her family in CT. So we've got a free babyitter at our disposal and Hartford is less than an hour away, why not check it out?
    John is one of the Sous chefs at Firebox restaurant. I met John earlier this summer at ECG, nice guy, nice knives too.

Okay, so the restaurant........let me start by saying that I very rarely enjoy myself when I eat out. When you cook for a living you don't make a lot of $$ so you have a hard time paying for things. I'm constantly over-analyzing the cost of a dish, the quality/freshness of the ingredients. The knife skills on veg & meat prep(yeah I know SHOCKER), plate composition/proportions, etc. Restaurant cleanliness, service staff, everything!
    Firebox was awesome. I ate every scrap of everything that was set in front of me.
    Firebox is a farm-to-table restaurant. I know it might be played out some places, but it is excellently executed here. Great produce, proteins, presentation......We even got to try some of the house made bacon-Delicious!!!John even came out and talked with us for a while.
    My wife & I enjoyed every bite of everything from soup to salad to entree to dessert.
    I could go on and on.
    Overall an absolutely excellent experience. If you live anywhere near Hartford, you should be severely beaten for not dining here. Next time we come to visit the family, we're going to visit Firebox.
    Thanks John, we honestly can't remember the last time we enjoyed ourselves at a restaurant this much.

thx, Chris & Jen
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Having met John and spent some time with him it comes as no surprise that he would be involved with a first rate establishment as he is a first rate guy. Glad you had such an enjoyable meal.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I gotta get there one of these days!! I'm only like 30 minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Last night the wife & I had a date night. We are out of town visiting her family in CT. So we've got a free babyitter at our disposal and Hartford is less than an hour away, why not check it out?
    John is one of the Sous chefs at Firebox restaurant. I met John earlier this summer at ECG, nice guy, nice knives too.

Okay, so the restaurant........let me start by saying that I very rarely enjoy myself when I eat out. When you cook for a living you don't make a lot of $$ so you have a hard time paying for things. I'm constantly over-analyzing the cost of a dish, the quality/freshness of the ingredients. The knife skills on veg & meat prep(yeah I know SHOCKER), plate composition/proportions, etc. Restaurant cleanliness, service staff, everything!
    Firebox was awesome. I ate every scrap of everything that was set in front of me.
    Firebox is a farm-to-table restaurant. I know it might be played out some places, but it is excellently executed here. Great produce, proteins, presentation......We even got to try some of the house made bacon-Delicious!!!John even came out and talked with us for a while.
    My wife & I enjoyed every bite of everything from soup to salad to entree to dessert.
    I could go on and on.
    Overall an absolutely excellent experience. If you live anywhere near Hartford, you should be severely beaten for not dining here. Next time we come to visit the family, we're going to visit Firebox.
    Thanks John, we honestly can't remember the last time we enjoyed ourselves at a restaurant this much.

thx, Chris & Jen
    Thanks for coming in guys, glad to have you and chat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    I gotta get there one of these days!! I'm only like 30 minutes away!
    Yeah, you have no excuse!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

LOL, I know, I know.

+ Reply to Thread