Shigefusas at Rakuten

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I think I just bought a santoku:knife:

Thanks, I think I just bought a santoku:knife:

I *think* I did, too. KU one.

Do they send me a Paypal invoice later or something? I chose the Paypal option but the whole thing "completed" without kicking me over to Paypal.

I *think* I did, too. KU one.

Do they send me a Paypal invoice later or something? I chose the Paypal option but the whole thing "completed" without kicking me over to Paypal.

I sent a follow-up email and then received another email with directions to send payment with shipping (including amount) to an email address...likely didn't need the follow-up email after all, but the transaction was rather confusing.

I sent a follow-up email and then received another email with directions to send payment with shipping (including amount) to an email address...likely didn't need the follow-up email after all, but the transaction was rather confusing.

That guy is a reputable seller. I purchased from him before. If you buy from him directly, you might be able to negotiate some discount. [email protected] His name is Takashi.
M

aren't those kind of expensive compared to what Maksim sells them for?

I compared the miroshi deba I picked up to a few other sources and it was cheaper by about $20 with shipping included.

I will also say grab one wile you can :)
Shigefusa becoming more and more rare and it seems to me he making less knives now.
I also expect some more price increase very soon again.

Also some Masamoto kasumi but I can't read kanji so I don't know if they are kasumi (KK) or hon-kasumi (KS)...

The fish tweezers translation:
Edo Komachi highest grade having no backbone
Handmade emasculation made in Tokyo.
120 millimeters in total length, omission conditions are different.

I cant believe a 300 yanagi is still sitting there for $565! If i was a righty it would be gone....

-Chuck

I just caved and bought a 300mm yanagiba... after buying a Mizuno Blue #1 fugu last night. It's been a good week :)

Hey Jesse, how about a new deba you've been talking about? Another Shig would be a good company to yanagiba :viking:

Sticking with my trusty Masamoto for now, I was just mad at it that one time... how are you finding that 180 deba?

I like it very much so far. Had it on a few more fish. And it is a very good compliment to Hide ko-deba 135 and Masamoto KS 195, bang right in the middle.

Should I also note that Shigefusa deba is measured from the handle, so 180mm one is closer to typical 165mm deba rather than 180mm deba. The size is very good for my usage.

Back