Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Heiji Santoku

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    66

    Heiji Santoku

    I arrived late at the Shigefusa sale today and I missed the KU santoku and I was thinking about getting the Heiji counterpart, my sister is right know in Japan (Kyoto and Tokyo) and I was wondering if anyone knows a shop where she can get one.

    The other option is this this website http://www.nakayaheiji.co.jp/content...o-English.html, looks linke the official source, any experiences with it?

    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Ooo... I'd like to hear about the Heiji santoku as well.
    Len

  3. #3
    You mean this one?

  4. #4
    Yeah, that's the one that piqued my interest Dunno why I feel like getting another santoku right now...
    Len

  5. #5
    Hi, Lukas. This year I've been to most shops in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka that you can find references to if you search around the web. I'm actually not familiar with Heiji knives - aside from the JKI Gesshin variety, I suppose; is there a connection? - and wouldn't really know where you could go there. If your sis has time and is in Tokyo, the obvious place to visit would be Kappabashi - several knife shops there - and go around shop to shop, preferably with the Heiji kanji written down. Looking at the site via your link it seems Heiji is in Ibaraki-ken, and so looking in Tokyo would be a much better bet than in Kansai I'd guess.

    You might have heard this already, but in many cases it's not so easy to find specific knives that are discussed, for eg, on this forum. Often in shops will sell their own house brand, although there are certainly some that carry various lines. The ones in Kappabashi are more like this.

    If you'd like some specific names of shops, I've kept lots of my info from there and can give you some details. Let me know.

    Still, probably your best bet is to do the online order to an address where your sis could receive your knife. Of course, that only works if she's there long enough.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Yeah, that's the one that piqued my interest Dunno why I feel like getting another santoku right now...
    Control yourself, Len! You've got such a collection around I remember recently you couldn't find your cleaver in the basement!

  7. #7
    Yes, that's true... I actually have a knife that's MIA. It's not like I have that big a place either.

    Curiosity can't hurt though, right?
    Len

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    I arrived late at the Shigefusa sale today and I missed the KU santoku and I was thinking about getting the Heiji counterpart, my sister is right know in Japan (Kyoto and Tokyo) and I was wondering if anyone knows a shop where she can get one.

    The other option is this this website http://www.nakayaheiji.co.jp/content...o-English.html, looks linke the official source, any experiences with it?

    Thanks so much!
    I know people who purchased directly from nakayaheiji. You can also try
    http://www.japan-tool.com/

    M


    "All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Yes, that's true... I actually have a knife that's MIA. It's not like I have that big a place either.
    If Lizzy has any sense, she's probably behind this and any future MIAs. Time to salvage some $$ and save for the future! Have you noticed any familiar knives sold recently on the buy/sell/trade forum?

  10. #10
    The answer is always more knives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •