• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Stefan Handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

For sale is a sexy custom handle by Stefan I ordered a while back, and which recently popped up on my doorstep. Ferrule and endcap are redwood burl, spacers are copper, and the handle itself is satinwood burl with some lovely chatoyance. Stefan's work on this was flawless, and while he made it exactly to my specifications it didn't quite "click" for me in hand (I'm fussy), so I figured I'd give others a chance at it. There are a few microgrooves and voids here and there, but nothing worth epoxy. Roughly measured it's 142mm long, 24x20 at the ferrule, and 25x22 at the end. Built for a 270mm gyuto.

7579897032_ebb53e5ed2.jpg

Looking for $150 shipped, though considering trades (whole or in part) for stones, Sabs, awesome Tom Gray pottery, random kitchen goodies, salted almonds.

Cheers!

Wicked awesome handle!
Great work, Stefan!

It is! And for the record, Stefan graciously offered to take the handle back, but I don't feel like my random taste swings should put him out (especially when he made exactly what I asked for).

You lost your mind, that's beautiful!

I'm pricing out a 10kg bag of salted almonds right now, I'm afraid shipping might kill it though.

That's it, I'm gonna start carrying salted almonds!

BTW, I would only accept Spanish Marcona almonds - in combination with anchovy-filled manzanilla olives and Manzanilla sherry one of the pure simple joys leading up to a nice dinner.

Stefan

Unfortunately, no almonds were put on the table in the making of this sale. I'm afraid I'll have to parlay the proceeds into buying my own damn almonds.

Unfortunately, no almonds were put on the table in the making of this sale. I'm afraid I'll have to parlay the proceeds into buying my own damn almonds.

Christ, I was gonna send you some house smoked Marcona's as a thank you, but maybe I'll mail em to Stefan instead- you ungrateful b@$+@rd :rofl2:

Off topic, but did you end up selling the Misono Dragon? And if not, how many almonds would it take to get it?

I sold it to kalaeb who, a few weeks later, sold it to No Chop. Now I check B/S/T hourly to see if he ever sells it... probably the one knife sale I regret the most.

Tons of almonds, then?

Hey, you'll get it back!

Back