Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    Wait ! you found a knife in the woods .
    Were is this magical place .
    It is quite magical... One of my favorite foraging spots as well. I was walking along a trail I have dozens of times, and decided to take a peak of trail (take a piss, lol) and noticed what looked like a knife handle sticking out of the ground. A little tug like the sword in the stone, and behold... A dirty, old chefs kife, with a hill-billy handle. Pitting isn't that bad considering it was stuck in the dirt for god knows how long. It's become a fun project.

Mike, that deba looks like it will be a interesting project. What are your plans for it.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

This thread is quickly becoming increasingly awesome!

Mike, I you can salvage that piece of wood from the handle, you should use it in the new one.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I was just about to post something along those lines about the handle too Tom, lol

And yes, great thread, actually, one of my favorites...
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Nice Dexter and great story of finding the knife .
    I love this thread.
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

The Deba came out nice I couldn't salvage the handle though. I'll get a pic this weekend. However this old Ekco Forge 8" slicer showed up and is a prime candidate for a conversion.

Tang and machi laid out and bandsawed

The choil is ground and I clipped the tip a little like a suj then got it ready for a working edge

Forgecraft Baby - yeah!!!!

Great work! I like the combinations.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Interesting because the knife that sees the most work is a ODC 1095 custom that is starting to form a great patina. A little more modern with a CF handle but really a joy to use and sharpen.

^ any history on that knife? Looks interesting. The handle looks cool, but more interested were the knife began?

Also, any pics of the deba Mike? And how's the Ekco coming?