Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    These two are off to their new homes. I hope the new owners love them!

I had to go DMT 220 to get 98% of the ding out of the Pre Forgecraft chef knife. It turned out pretty well. I hope this piece of knife history gets some good use, and I'm pretty sure it will!

I just have to say Lefty that I used that old dirty bastard (top one) quite often. There is something that just feels good about it.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I use the bottom one as my goto. Just has a "feel" about it I love. Can't put it down
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Swedish ore I guess?
    more then likely yes
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

After seeing that pic of the American Grinding before I revived it, thought I'd show what it looks like now. It is currently my workhorse and sees any kind of cutting you can think of, and keeps begging for more

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Tom, you remember what this one look liked like a few hours ago, lol. I did fill the crack in the handle with some epoxy too, we'll see if it holds. If not, I'm sure my dad has some really old hickory laying around I can replicate the handle with. It's razor sharp now, and I got about 90% of the grinder marks out of the blade. It's amazing what a bored person with sandpaper and a imperial IPA can do in an evening, lol

OK, Jmadams thanks for reviving this not so old thread...figured I'd try to contribute some ODC myself.

The small knife is my 10" Sab. Scored these beauties from Son.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Think I felt it move a little, lol. Wow, that dexter is a beauty

I hope you love my model 102 as much as I do.

it's funny but, half the odc in this thread were mine once upon a time.lol

Used the Dexter tonight, it was amazing--never could imagine a 14" blade feeling so good, especially for only using it once. I am totally in love with the Henckels and I will break it in tomorrow. Both blades are in awesome condition and I couldn't be happier!

Cheers!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right