Quantcast
ODC (Old Dirty Carbon) - Page 13
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

I have a couple of new projects on the way - Ontario 14" blade Lamb splitter/butcher's knife - new

XL Goodell chef - great used condition

Goodell is one of my favorite profiles on an American vintage knife and they cut like hell.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Posted this in the new buy forum - but had to share - Another former Son knife. I gave it a super clean, got the handle and pins cleaned up, took it to the Gesshin 4k stone, got a stupid sharp edge, and have been enjoying cutting all sorts of things. This knife LOVED some USDA Prime Ribeye. Got a monster steak, grilled for first time this year on charcoal, and after a good 10 min rest, carved and indulged. The patina is gorgeous!
    Next to Del Parer:

Next to Zakuri 270 Suji (pre-cleaning and cutting):

Now for the finger guard... a trip to Home Depot is in order.

congrats on that goodell chef knife. if i remember correctly(i was watching that knife) you got a great deal on it!

Here it is all fixed up. The right side is convex and the left is concave so I put a 70/30 edge on it. I'm taking for a test drive tonight.

I even made a saya for it ala 5150

Salty, I've loved those Herter's for years! Where's you get it and how is it???
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I posted these in the New Buy thread, and someone suggested I post them here, too. Besides these, I have a PILE of ODC. Mostly yard sale finds.
    I need to invest in some good polishing and sharpening gear now.

I bought this 10" Dexter for $1. It was pretty rusty, and the work I did on it was pretty quick and dirty. Paid someone to sharpen it on the EdgePro, and it's wicked sharp, and lots of fun to cut stuff up with.

I can't find a maker's logo on this 12 incher, but it looks like a nice piece of steel. The handle is pretty blocky and uncomfortable, so that's gonna have to change. I'm also gonna take my time an polish this one up nice.

Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet. They'll be petty knives by the time I get them straightened out.

That 12 in one is probably the best in the bunch and once you sharpen her up she will cut circles around the other guys 1960's vintage American carbon. It's a nice knife.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I actually have a second one of those, maybe a tad shorter. It needs to be re-handled in the worst way.