Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

LF and C is top notch. I sold a "petty" of theirs that was an amazing knife. Nice score!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    lots of Landers Frary & Clark collectors out there and the stuff that came out of the Aetna Works were top notch and that is an old set you got there. Probably around 1880's or 1890's

Nice to know, I was on the verge of tossing em back into the box with the rest of the dumpster candidates.
    The blade has way more flex than I care for & I'm not into Antler handles either.

I just received an unmarked 10" chef with a killer profile - just gorgeous. Only caveat is it's convex on the LEFT side and concave on the RIGHT side . . . Go figure - it's perfect for Lefties . . . so lefties stay tuned

Hey Lefty, I meant to tell you that the slicer I ordered from you arrived safely and I enjoyed it so much I started looking for more forgecraft to play with. Got this bullnose and a cleaver is on the way.

Thanks a lot,
    Michael

Lefty ODC? Yes. PM sent.

Got this little guy from Lefty, when ordering some shaving stuff. I see the appeal in these oldtimers. Thanks again Lefty, I like your style!

Evolution of a nice little Old Hickory by Ontario -

Looks cool, but one question... Why did you need to rehandle? It's seemed to be in pretty decent shape to begin with?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Oh I could have left it as is . . . but where's the sport in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Looks cool, but one question... Why did you need to rehandle? It's seemed to be in pretty decent shape to begin with?
    I have a NOS Case XX 8 in chef knife in carbon steel, the handle is in mint shape but its like holding a 2x4 with a blade attached. When I get a chance I will rehandle it.