Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

Hmmmm.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by bear1889 View Post
    I have a NOS Case XX 8 in chef knife in carbon steel, the handle is in mint shape but its like holding a 2x4 with a blade attached. When I get a chance I will rehandle it.
    I'm a purist. I like my ODC as original as possible. Not that I dont like a repurposing once in a while, and Mikes stuff is great, I just like it original.

My first instinct to your post was to reply NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!! And then cry a little. But then I realized its not my knife, lol. I totally agree with a rehandle if it's needed. Then go nuts, but with NOS, I just feel its a little uncalled for. Sorry to jump down your throat, us knife guys get a little touchy over stuff like this, lol. You should here the crap I get over removing the KU finish from some of mine. We just care, albeit a little to much.

Any pics?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

The truth is I find knives like that old hickory uncomfortable to use. They are the epitome of mass production with no artisan soul to them. The steel is good however so I'm just helping them be all they can be.

I will post photos soon. No worries mate I didn't take offense. I am glad I didn't talk about re-handling a ginzu or cutco knife.

Found a Samuel Lee #7 recently. I don't see much use on it for the age. Might have been used as decoration ?

Nice cleaver

Nice. Great find
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

That's a sweet lookin' cleaver!

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    yeah, I wanna see some more pics of the handle.
    very gnarly
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Blade is 7" weight 495g

sorry for huge pics