Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

Name:  oldiesx4.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  30.7 KB
    Some future projects, laying around.

All are Forgies, except the top one is a John Pimble Hickory...I really, really like the handle shape; I was planning on doing a hidden tang style handle, since it's a short tang; trying to keep the same shape.

Question is, should I go ahead and rehandle it, or is it rare enough that I should leave it alone?

I got some flack from doing the handle on this vintage Sab oyster, as they are a little rare; often fetching $50 to $100 on the bay...but, it was in good condition, minus some splitting on the original handle, so I thought, what the hay!

Name:  oyster.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  15.5 KB
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I'd say keep the top one intact. Not sure if its "rare" but you don't see knives from that vintage with those handle shapes often. I'm sure someone who actually knows why they are talkin about will chime in, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Picked up a few more over the weekend. My wife says I may need psychological help.
    BTW, No Chop! I dig the Forgecrafts.

Theres 2 things I really love, The feel of a freshly sharpened ODC and bacon!

This morning I got both at the same time!! Here is a old no name ODC. Son gave me. and this slab of bacon for sandwiches and stuff!

The bacon didnt stand a chance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mmmm Bacon 001 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	16153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mmmm Bacon 002 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	16154  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mmmm Bacon 004 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	16155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mmmm Bacon 005 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	16156  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Love that blade, no fingerguard, no bolster, brass rivets, very nice profile. American?

Randy, I remember this blade from when you let me stay over, and it is a special piece of vintage cutlery. It looked and felt American to me. However, if I remember correctly, the taper on this one was especially impressive. I guess it says a lot that a guy who makes knives for a living uses this as his primary knife.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Yep Its all American! Brass riveted rosewood handles. beautiful blade. A little over 10" of ODC!!

The reason this knife is "special" is because it was a gift from a great friend. The reason its used daily in my home is Its a great cutter with a solid profile! It cuts pretty darn good

This awesome blade, a damascus Ealy petty and a AEB-L HHH paring knife pretty much cover anything we need in he kitchen at the moment!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Thanks for the information, and a great gift! 1095 I guess?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  11.2 KB

Looks like my Robinson.

Hey That does look like my knife!

Not sure what steel but my guess would be 1095.

Availible Knives