Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 270mm shigefusa damascus for sale!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I would also like to see the price.
    He had it listed for about $950 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    IMHO, the seller's sale... the seller's prerogative.
    According to the terms of the B/S/T forum, "Values must be listed for all knives/items being sold." -Jim

But being a moderator and being able to go back and edit your posts at will apparently exempts you from that. Lol.

to be honest i have no idea how long the expiration is on editing posts...on other forums that i belong too there is no time limit on editing so i am used to editing my sales after they sell.....i wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything...just a habit i guess...plus i was editing posts on another forum and i saw this sold so i just edited it...ryan
    Last edited by sudsy9977; 08-20-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    IMHO, the seller's sale... the seller's prerogative.
    Except that the only mods have the prerogative. For the rest of us, the post will lock after a subsequent entry is made, or the edit time expires.

It was $975.

He did list a price, he just marked it sold after it, well, sold. Something I have done for people in the past when asked.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    It's awesome having to ask the landlord if you can take down the yard sale signs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    He did list a price, he just marked it sold after it, well, sold. Something I have done for people in the past when asked.
    Do you delete the price when you list it as sold? I like seeing the price just to know what kind of value knives had.

Congrats on the fast sale!

-Chuck

I feel that it is a blatant abuse of assumed power. What gives him the right to do things to his post that others can't do?? Just because he is a "Global Mod" he should NOT be able to change things to fit his own personal agenda!!!!

I feel that this violation of position needs to be addressed and not just swept under the carpet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Except that the only mods have the prerogative. For the rest of us, the post will lock after a subsequent entry is made, or the edit time expires.

It was $975.

it in fact was 975....dont really see how that helps anyone in the long run but....if it makes everyone feel better so be it....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by Ratton View Post
    I feel that it is a blatant abuse of assumed power. What gives him the right to do things to his post that others can't do?? Just because he is a "Global Mod" he should NOT be able to change things to fit his own personal agenda!!!!

I feel that this violation of position needs to be addressed and not just swept under the carpet!!

wow...i gotta take note...this is my first time of being accused of sweeping something under the rug......it looks like i goth a change my personal agenda too...i didn't know it was to slowly take over the world by editing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Yep, my bad.

I am engrained to the rules on the large forum (BF) where this issue comes up quite frequently and forgot about the edit restrictions here (which I happen to agree with).

Nice knife and congrats the quick sale...

Ryan mentioned that the removal of the sale price was done out of habit from what he has regularly done on another forum for many years now. He didn't do this to mislead or abuse his powers or anything like that, it was just a simple mistake. I believe him.