Quantcast
270mm shigefusa damascus for sale!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 270mm shigefusa damascus for sale!!!!!!!!!

No big deal, but I agree with others that it's interesting to see what knives sell for here (and how quickly).

Congrats on the sale (and to the lucky buyer).

Beautiful knife.

I would hazard to say that anyone who knows Ryan would never accuse him of any type of calculated misbehavior. I agree that leaving the sold for price is a good practice and can benefit the community with a price point to refer to.
    I am a little disappointed that when someone noticed this they did not just drop a PM to Ryan and ask why he did that...? What happened to the benefit of doubt?
    It's discouraging from an administrative standpoint to have worked so hard to build a drama free community and have a confrontation go from 1 to 11 in intensity at the drop of a hat. I firmly believe that we are, as a group, better than that and we should strive to treat each other in a gentlemanly and respectful manner.

Jim

much more awesomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Ryan mentioned that the removal of the sale price was done out of habit from what he has regularly done on another forum for many years now. He didn't do this to mislead or abuse his powers or anything like that, it was just a simple mistake. I believe him.
    Yeah, I believe that. I'm an admin/super-mod on a car forum and once in a while I forget that a couple of our forum areas ("Classifieds" and the "Self-Promotion" dealers' area) don't allow replies (all questions should be done in PM or email, to avoid clutter). I'll post a reply or two, and hear about it in the Forum Feedback area within an hour... Last week three mods replied to a thread before I got a PM from the original poster asking why he couldn't reply to one of us in his own thread! DOH!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I would hazard to say that anyone who knows Ryan would never accuse him of any type of calculated misbehavior. I agree that leaving the sold for price is a good practice and can benefit the community with a price point to refer to.
    I am a little disappointed that when someone noticed this they did not just drop a PM to Ryan and ask why he did that...? What happened to the benefit of doubt?
    It's discouraging from an administrative standpoint to have worked so hard to build a drama free community and have a confrontation go from 1 to 11 in intensity at the drop of a hat. I firmly believe that we are, as a group, better than that and we should strive to treat each other in a gentlemanly and respectful manner.

Jim
    +1
    Do not tell me I can't, let me succeed or fail. Even a failure is a small success.

Not sure if we should be scolding the one that didn't break the rules? Not that I give a .......hmm, poop?

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    to be honest i have no idea how long the expiration is on editing posts...on other forums that i belong too there is no time limit on editing so i am used to editing my sales after they sell.....i wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything...just a habit i guess...plus i was editing posts on another forum and i saw this sold so i just edited it...ryan
    Dude why did you edit that into my post? Your capable of making your own posts, thanks. Also, I don't think you were being sneaky. I think you did what we should all be able to do.

Salty, if you read my post as scolding, I have utterly failed at my attempt here to communicate a vision of what the team has set out to do here at the KKF.
    My call to treat each other in a more brotherly and friendly fashion was intended as encouragement, rather than a chiding.

Sheesh, put it to bed. Ryan's good people, he said it was a mistake and stated the price. Done.

With all the smoke and mirrors though I think we are all missing the real question here: what's going on with Salty's icon photo?
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

much more awesomer
    That's after a crane, a wheel, an eight-angle and 20 hand-stand push-ups.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

The main reason I like KKF is that it is a drama-free community of people with similar interests who are willing to share their knowledge. I sincerely hope it stays that way.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

+ Reply to Thread