• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270mm shigefusa damascus for sale!!!!!!!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
IMG_1283.jpgIMG_3196.jpgIMG_3195.jpgIMG_3194.jpg

up for sale is a 270mm shigefusa damascus knife...handle is by marko...there is slight damage to the bottom of the handle....there is a close up pic included here.....to be honest i just acquired the knife and if the previous owner didn't tell me, i wouldn't have ever seen it....the pic is super close up and to be honest i doubt anyone would have a problem with it....with that said this is a grail knife for some.....price includes shipping in the us and paypal.....asking sold!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s....the saya of course is included...it doesn't fit very well but it is included and it is fairly nice....ryan

Last edited:
What is wrong with the saya? You said it doesn't fit well.

-Chuck?

Why do you delete the price? I understand it's a personal thing but when I'm looking to buy or sell a knife I like to be able to look back through other transactions to determine what a good price is.

IMHO, the seller's sale... the seller's prerogative.

Why not delete the whole thread then, or maybe just the pictures....

I would also like to see the price.
He had it listed for about $950 I think.

IMHO, the seller's sale... the seller's prerogative.

According to the terms of the B/S/T forum, "Values must be listed for all knives/items being sold." -Jim

But being a moderator and being able to go back and edit your posts at will apparently exempts you from that. Lol.

to be honest i have no idea how long the expiration is on editing posts...on other forums that i belong too there is no time limit on editing so i am used to editing my sales after they sell.....i wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything...just a habit i guess...plus i was editing posts on another forum and i saw this sold so i just edited it...ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
He did list a price, he just marked it sold after it, well, sold. Something I have done for people in the past when asked.

He did list a price, he just marked it sold after it, well, sold. Something I have done for people in the past when asked.

Do you delete the price when you list it as sold? I like seeing the price just to know what kind of value knives had.

Congrats on the fast sale!

-Chuck

I feel that it is a blatant abuse of assumed power. :nono: What gives him the right to do things to his post that others can't do?? :scratchhead: Just because he is a "Global Mod" he should NOT be able to change things to fit his own personal agenda!!!! :bat:

I feel that this violation of position needs to be addressed and not just swept under the carpet!! :my2cents:

Except that the only mods have the prerogative. For the rest of us, the post will lock after a subsequent entry is made, or the edit time expires.

It was $975.

it in fact was 975....dont really see how that helps anyone in the long run but....if it makes everyone feel better so be it....ryan

I feel that it is a blatant abuse of assumed power. :nono: What gives him the right to do things to his post that others can't do?? :scratchhead: Just because he is a "Global Mod" he should NOT be able to change things to fit his own personal agenda!!!! :bat:

I feel that this violation of position needs to be addressed and not just swept under the carpet!! :my2cents:

wow...i gotta take note...this is my first time of being accused of sweeping something under the rug......it looks like i goth a change my personal agenda too...i didn't know it was to slowly take over the world by editing!:D

Yep, my bad.

I am engrained to the rules on the large forum (BF) where this issue comes up quite frequently and forgot about the edit restrictions here (which I happen to agree with).

Nice knife and congrats the quick sale... :)

Ryan mentioned that the removal of the sale price was done out of habit from what he has regularly done on another forum for many years now. He didn't do this to mislead or abuse his powers or anything like that, it was just a simple mistake. I believe him.

No big deal, but I agree with others that it's interesting to see what knives sell for here (and how quickly).

Congrats on the sale (and to the lucky buyer).

Beautiful knife.

I would hazard to say that anyone who knows Ryan would never accuse him of any type of calculated misbehavior. I agree that leaving the sold for price is a good practice and can benefit the community with a price point to refer to.
I am a little disappointed that when someone noticed this they did not just drop a PM to Ryan and ask why he did that...? What happened to the benefit of doubt?
It's discouraging from an administrative standpoint to have worked so hard to build a drama free community and have a confrontation go from 1 to 11 in intensity at the drop of a hat. I firmly believe that we are, as a group, better than that and we should strive to treat each other in a gentlemanly and respectful manner.

Jim

Ryan mentioned that the removal of the sale price was done out of habit from what he has regularly done on another forum for many years now. He didn't do this to mislead or abuse his powers or anything like that, it was just a simple mistake. I believe him.
Yeah, I believe that. I'm an admin/super-mod on a car forum and once in a while I forget that a couple of our forum areas ("Classifieds" and the "Self-Promotion" dealers' area) don't allow replies (all questions should be done in PM or email, to avoid clutter). I'll post a reply or two, and hear about it in the Forum Feedback area within an hour... Last week three mods replied to a thread before I got a PM from the original poster asking why he couldn't reply to one of us in his own thread! DOH! :D

I would hazard to say that anyone who knows Ryan would never accuse him of any type of calculated misbehavior. I agree that leaving the sold for price is a good practice and can benefit the community with a price point to refer to.
I am a little disappointed that when someone noticed this they did not just drop a PM to Ryan and ask why he did that...? What happened to the benefit of doubt?
It's discouraging from an administrative standpoint to have worked so hard to build a drama free community and have a confrontation go from 1 to 11 in intensity at the drop of a hat. I firmly believe that we are, as a group, better than that and we should strive to treat each other in a gentlemanly and respectful manner.

Jim

+1

Not sure if we should be scolding the one that didn't break the rules? Not that I give a .......hmm, poop?

to be honest i have no idea how long the expiration is on editing posts...on other forums that i belong too there is no time limit on editing so i am used to editing my sales after they sell.....i wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything...just a habit i guess...plus i was editing posts on another forum and i saw this sold so i just edited it...ryan

Dude why did you edit that into my post? Your capable of making your own posts, thanks. Also, I don't think you were being sneaky. I think you did what we should all be able to do. ;)

Salty, if you read my post as scolding, I have utterly failed at my attempt here to communicate a vision of what the team has set out to do here at the KKF.
My call to treat each other in a more brotherly and friendly fashion was intended as encouragement, rather than a chiding.

Sheesh, put it to bed. Ryan's good people, he said it was a mistake and stated the price. Done.

With all the smoke and mirrors though I think we are all missing the real question here: what's going on with Salty's icon photo?

That's after a crane, a wheel, an eight-angle and 20 hand-stand push-ups.

The main reason I like KKF is that it is a drama-free community of people with similar interests who are willing to share their knowledge. I sincerely hope it stays that way.

Back