Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiyoshi Kato 27cm

Heel to Tip Length 271.5mm and I crushed bit of tip 3 times already I would say it took away 1mm alltogether.
    Actual edge length 274mm
    Blade Height at Heel 54mm
    Blade Height midway 52mm
    Blade Height inch from tip 21mm
    Width of Spine at Handle I would say its not full 6, like 5.5mm
    Width of Spine Above Heel solid 5mm
    Width of Spine at Middle 3mm or just tad under
    Width of Spine 1 inch from the tip 2mm ad 1cm from the tip 1.5mm

I took the knife for a service today, not that it really asks for it, but have nothing to sharpen today, and just noticed that badass patina Niclas made to the petty so I want to force something sweet to it a hot soup maybe

The edge now is something my cooworkers would call very sharp, but like 50% to me. still cuts tomato skin just fine.
    Today was cutting much veg cubes and fruit and lots of other stuff so much of board contact and you can tell from looking at the edge.
    Still no microchips or any problems.

great review. and im really impressed with what that knife did in the video.

Hey,

I believe maksim. I just can't find the link on his website.... So I didn't know he had the size and everything. Can someone link it? (I have been on my phone due to vacation and travel). Thanks in advance.

-Chuck

So a little update

Found this video, while watching new Jons Suisin video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_nR...ayer_embedded#!

I didnt manage to watch the whole thing but interesting name of one of them... hehe

Ad I sharpened the edge again, polished the sides and wanted to do some experimenting with patina.
    Hot stock did almost nothing. I attacked the blade with mustard/vinegar mixture but gave up after 15 mnutes and two layers. It just doesnt seem to work.

Now I just have to bang the handle on, some one slab of wood for my "workhorse" and make a saya cause its quite dangerous to carry that thing around

I missed the dhl delivery with my 240 Kato today, now I have to wait until Monday

Quote Originally Posted by scott6452 View Post
    I missed the dhl delivery with my 240 Kato today, now I have to wait until Monday
    Here in US, Monday is Labor day, it is very possible DHL will not deliver, I'll have to wait till Tuesday to get my Kato petty

Well after a surprise 8:30pm DHL delivery, the Kato has finally arrived and its a brute! Feels great in hand, i think this thing could chop down trees! Not had a chance to cut anything yet, will post a few thoughts after work tomorrow.

A little teaser:

i think this thing could chop down trees!

Well after a surprise 8:30pm DHL delivery, the Kato has finally arrived and its a brute! Feels great in hand, i think this thing could chop down trees! Not had a chance to cut anything yet, will post a few thoughts after work tomorrow.

A little teaser:
    Hey how is it going?