Quantcast
Kiyoshi Kato 27cm - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Kiyoshi Kato 27cm

  1. #61
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,950
    Jeezus Mike! And I thought I was rough on my knives...
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

  2. #62
    Senior Member gentlecook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    RU
    Posts
    245
    thx for answer guys!

    this is scratches from thinning on stones?

    to Von blewitt:
    how much height at the heel in mm?

    thx

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,428
    Yes



    Here too, even though very faint.
    That is what I meant that thinning of this thing might get problematic.



    [if this is katos grind]
    Bacause to thin it effectively you have to go over the most thick part which is in the middle of height.

  4. #64
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post


    Now whose fault was that?
    something very similar happened to the tip of my Shig, today, when i got distracted and knocked the tip agains the side of the stone. it's all fixed, now. and better than it was, as the tip had gotten kinda high, and this was a good excuse to fix it.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,428
    Mainaman it was well altogether too much bashing I suppose.

    The heelest chip was my friend who just took the knife to cut one sausage and when putting it down, bashed the heel off.

    The rest is on me. When chopping maybe?

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,428
    Josh, I am not rough on my knivez at all.

    But they are tools.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    something very similar happened to the tip of my Shig, today, when i got distracted and knocked the tip agains the side of the stone. it's all fixed, now. and better than it was, as the tip had gotten kinda high, and this was a good excuse to fix it.
    I think I chipped all possible parts of Shig already. Maybe not the heel.
    No big deal.

    The chip around 8cm from the tip actually helped me flattening the edge profile near the tip, where it turns upwards quite a bit in a new Shig.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Von blewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Merimbula, Australia
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by gentlecook View Post
    thx for answer guys!

    this is scratches from thinning on stones?

    to Von blewitt:
    how much height at the heel in mm?

    thx
    39mm
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

  9. #69
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    Josh, I am not rough on my knivez at all.

    But they are tools.
    +1
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts