Quantcast
Monthly Payment Program
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Payment Program

Cool Monthly Payment Program

I've been doing a lot of thinking about how tough times are and how hard it would be for me to buy one of my own knives if the roles were reversed and I was the customer. It seems that I would have to save up the money for many months before I could even place an order. This made me think about a way to help with this situation, something that could help the would be potential customers as well as myself the maker.

What I've come up with is something that I think might just be what fits the bill here pretty good. I'll now offer our pre-order knives to be purchased with a monthly payment plan. The plans will be set up in either 2, 4, or 6 month time frames with equal automatic monthly payments being made.

I believe that this will allow for some people to become a knife purchasing customer who might not otherwise be able to make such a purchase and for myself this will allow me to better plan and work more effectively while hopefully also taking more orders....all good.

My plan of attack from the knifemaking side would be to forecast my workload ahead of time to eventually be able to meet a finished knife with a final payment. Initially this may be a tough goal to measure up to but I feel strongly that having orders laid out with payment deadlines will allow me to adjust and meet customer goals in a much better fashion than I can currently offer.

I really think that this payment program has potential and I hope that you'll give it consideration. Please see Dave Martell Knives - Payment Program for details.

PS - I'm still more than happy to accept orders but as always those paid for in advance will have priority.

PSS - Knives will be made in the order to which initial payments were received. This means when you start paying you get in line on that day. The only way someone could get ahead of you is to make an early (full) payment. All work will be done as fairly as possible in order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Martell western gyuto example.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	2104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Martell western suji example.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	2105  

*ding ding*

We have a winner!

This is a fantastic idea, Dave. Seriously.

Very nice idea.

That sounds like a great idea.

Excellent idea!

I think that is a very good idea and hopefully will result in you having both more customers and a steadier income/workload.

Now THAT'S an economic stimulus plan!!!

Can I pay in Yen?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I can't tell you guys how happy I am to hear these positive comments. I've been thinking about this for a long time but wasn't sure if I'd be the only one that this made sense to. It's sure nice to be among your own kind.

Ahhhh...... no to the yen!

Really really like this idea. It's easier to talk yourself into buying a knife when you don't have to unload all the money at once. I am sure you will get a lot of new customers out of this and it would be awesome if a few other makers followed your lead here.

Mike

This might make it possible for me to buy a knife! Great idea Dave!