Quantcast
Patina poll - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Patina poll

i intentionally not care for my carbon tools enough. i dont want them to get clingy or anything..

Old thread, but I like it.

I love a good patina. If I didn't, I'd likely use stainless, because there are some great ones out there now. As Rick mentioned, with a Shige, for example, you basically need a patina so you don't taint your food. And I love my Shige!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I usually take my blades to pretty high polish: either mirror or close to it and then watch the natural patina develop. I like they way that very smooth sided blades cut/ move through food, but don't mind if they're not shiny.
    I've played around with etching my stainless clad, damy, or highly reactive blades.
    Periodically, if a patina stops looking interesting or gets an attractive patch, I'll polish it back up and start over.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Putting a patina on a carbon blade is like trying a new hairstyle on a Barbie Doll.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Wow. I wish I remembered the thought process that got me to that post.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford