Quantcast
Wood - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    Very nice! Where did you find it?
    Arizonaironwood.com

That was the first time I had been to the site, pretty neat stuff. I just hope it is stabilized well. Scales seem to shrink on my alot.

I have bought from them also, I totally screwed-up and had to trash the piece of wood but I didnt uncover any suprises like inclusions or knots it seemed to be very high quality. I know it is kinda late but I would also highly recommend ankromexotics.com you might try them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Arizonaironwood.com

That was the first time I had been to the site, pretty neat stuff. I just hope it is stabilized well. Scales seem to shrink on my alot.
    Tell me about it, I honestly think the Utah climate is one of the worst on wood. We have huge temprature and humidity swings. I even have stabilized wood move on me. I try to let all wood sit for a good 6 months or so before I use it, that really helps. Let me add another plug for ariozonaironwood, everything I've bought from there has been great.

Do Not Use Woodstabilizer.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been keeping quiet on this for months and after the last few days I can't keep it in any longer. I've been once again screwed by a piece of crap. This one was a complete mess to work with and here I am ready to box up the so-so results and find that the wood has shrunk significantly on me - overnight!

This adds up to more than 20 blocks I've had bad from them to date and I will NEVER touch their stuff again!

To be fair to them I brought this to their attention many months ago and they issued a refund for the bad wood and I am pleased about this level of customer service but this does nothing to help with the re-do work that I've had to perform as a result. I've lost a huge amount of time and money over using their products and I'm disgusted enough to now speak in public about it.

Dave

Did you send them wood to stabilize or buy the wood from them?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Did you send them wood to stabilize or buy the wood from them?
    It was their wood, purchased from them.

So they didn't let the wood dry properly before stabilizing it. Not good.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

It's weird because there's lots of people who have used them and rave about their products yet I have nothing but bad experiences with their stuff.

If you were to let the wood acclimate to you shop for a month or two it might make a difference, butt with other sources available why bother?
    Spike C
    Pirsig

This last block has been here since September or October of last year.