Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wood

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Do Not Use Woodstabilizer.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been keeping quiet on this for months and after the last few days I can't keep it in any longer. I've been once again screwed by a piece of crap. This one was a complete mess to work with and here I am ready to box up the so-so results and find that the wood has shrunk significantly on me - overnight!

This adds up to more than 20 blocks I've had bad from them to date and I will NEVER touch their stuff again!

To be fair to them I brought this to their attention many months ago and they issued a refund for the bad wood and I am pleased about this level of customer service but this does nothing to help with the re-do work that I've had to perform as a result. I've lost a huge amount of time and money over using their products and I'm disgusted enough to now speak in public about it.

Dave
    I second that. I would not touch a block stabilized by them ever again. I spent more time cleaning my bits, than drilling. Stuff they use gunks up your bits and belts like crazy. I never have this issue with blocks I get from Knife and Gun. Plus, the block was full of voids, which normally should be filled with stabilizing.

I think it has to do with acrylic stuff they use.
    M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Yikes. They've gotta take care of that one. Thanks for the heads up.