Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magnus View Post
    i found my mk31 ivory NOS for 18 bucks.
    Ok, I'll pay you twice for it. :-)

My understanding is that Törnblom worked for Heljestrand before going out on his own, so maybe the Törnbloms are good, too?

I just picked up an old W&B, the blade needs a bit of love and the scales are pretty beat up. Does anyone know someone that does scale work?

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    I just picked up an old W&B, the blade needs a bit of love and the scales are pretty beat up. Does anyone know someone that does scale work?
    There's a section over on SRP for "Member Services" that includes honing and restoration. Our own Stefan (mainaman) is one of those offering these services.

I had Glen Mercurio (gssixgun) of GemStar Customs restore an old Spanish straight for me last year with some olivewood scales and I can recommend him.

Before:

After:

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    There's a section over on SRP for "Member Services" that includes honing and restoration. Our own Stefan (mainaman) is one of those offering these services.

I had Glen Mercurio (gssixgun) of GemStar Customs restore an old Spanish straight for me last year with some olivewood scales and I can recommend him.

Before:

After:
    Holy ****!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Ok, I'll pay you twice for it. :-)

My understanding is that Törnblom worked for Heljestrand before going out on his own, so maybe the Törnbloms are good, too?
    Hehe i wouldn't sell it for 300 =)

Törnblom makes great shavers aswell but I would never pay 70-80 bucks for 1. Erik Anton berg makes good quality razors aswell but don't pay more then 40 bucks for these razors in good condition

Very nice find tiger

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    nice video magnus.
    Glad you liked it

I can't stress enough that anyone looking to get into straight razors should see Lynn's DVD. It really goes over just about everything a perspective shaver should know before getting into it. Down side to the DVD is the huge number of RAD attacks that happen just after watching it... (you'll understand...)

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    I can't stress enough that anyone looking to get into straight razors should see Lynn's DVD. It really goes over just about everything a perspective shaver should know before getting into it. Down side to the DVD is the huge number of RAD attacks that happen just after watching it... (you'll understand...)
    Yeah, I agree with this.
    It is a rather lenghty vid, but it covers most anything related to the fine art of straight razor shaving.
    Even though it is a few years by now, it is still very much all you will need to know to get started, and then some

Just caught up with this thread, and there's some great info on here.

Magnus, thanks for the video. It looks great! Next time, try loading a bit longer, and face lathering. That's where the magic happens, in my opinion . I'd like to say one thing, as well. I'm no "expert", but rather a guy who likes to know things, and I tend to study my interests, fairly heavily. I love the history and technique involved with wet-shaving, and that's why I have my site going - to help people get interested in it, and to be a resource or great products. However, Dwarvenchef, Dave, maxim, mainaman, Rick...those guys REALLY know their stuff.

However, thanks for the kind words.

And, anything by Lynn is a fantastic resource!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com