Quantcast
How many Straight Razor users do we have here? - Page 26
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    But then it's called investing, right?
    exactly

I just remembered you sold me my first coticule. It think that was my first natural stone, too.

*AD's aside (haha) I only spent about $20 last year on shaving and that was for handmade soaps I needed to replace. So in that repect YES you can save alot of $$$... The rest is just a disorder that we all love

It only took me about 8 years to find a set up that I really like and have found that I don't need to aquire more to test. With generous and trusting members here one can test a few new blades and cure that itch to buy up everything in sight (hiding in ones home and not looking at anything helps ). I'm also putting together a few items that I will be placing on a loaners list, some are reclaimed blades and some are just extras that I haven't figured out what to do with. I'll have that ironed hout soon and see what I can get going.

Sorry if this is drunkenly off topic.

Anyone looking for an excuse to get into this hobby...this was mine... still don't know what I'm doing but all the guys in our kitchen are on board.

Men's health charity.
    http://us.movember.com/about/

And this is me not sure I'm feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    ...It only took me about 8 years to find a set up that I really like and have found that I don't need to aquire more to test...
    8 yrs!!! I guess I really owe you and memorael (teaching) and Maxim (ozuku, nagura and strop) for putting me on the fast track. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    8 yrs!!! I guess I really owe you and memorael (teaching) and Maxim (ozuku, nagura and strop) for putting me on the fast track. Thanks!
    You missed the fun of it man.

Thank you all for the advice. SRD have some good looking products but i was looking for a much cheaper options to start with. any recommended online shop in EU ?

You could try one of the Whipped Dog deals, you could get most of what you need to get started for under $100, I don't know what is available in EU, though.

There are quite a few members out that way, over the puddle. Hope you get some feedback on that

Dwarven new razor is on its way for you now =) how's the editing going?