Quantcast
How many Straight Razor users do we have here? - Page 39
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

There is actually no traditional way of shaving with Kamisori. I have seen many Japanese just shave with it like any western hehe.
    As i said originally it was made for head shaving :P

you can use both hands with a kamazori. back and front side agains the face. but like birnando said. the traditional way is just with your right hand. atleast thats what i hurd.

I can't see it being done on your own face with one hand or even switching hands being how it should be done but if people can do it then who am I to say it shouldn't or can't be done that way.

I picture this being somewhat like the peeling of daikon in that I've seen guys demonstrating using a right handed usuba (ura towards themselves) and the same guys using left handed usuba (bevel towards themselves) but I've never seen a right handed usuba used with the bevel towards themselves because this would put the handle away from their body which is obviously not something they could do. Does this makes sense?

So a had a chat with a old lady (90+) she and her past away hubby where Importers here in Sweden for Straight razors and mainly from Solingen. thay also had a honing/sharpening service for razors and sugical instruments.

when thay made there trips out to Solingen back in the old days thay went to the big razor factory owned by H.Eicker / maker of Heartring,PAX,Biedermeier etc. when thay went there for business the VD gave them a very cool framed "from the beginning to the end" with how thay made the Heartring 150 razor step by step. as a friendly gesture and as a valued customer.

Since her hubby past away 4 years ago and shes close to 100 she wanted to sell it to someone who will love it for what it is. and so am i the lucky owner of it now. i really love it. its very cool and a big + is im a sucker for Heartring razors.

it makes sens once you have a ago at it i thought the same thing until i tryd it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I can't see it being done on your own face with one hand or even switching hands being how it should be done but if people can do it then who am I to say it shouldn't or can't be done that way.

I picture this being somewhat like the peeling of daikon in that I've seen guys demonstrating using a right handed usuba (ura towards themselves) and the same guys using left handed usuba (bevel towards themselves) but I've never seen a right handed usuba used with the bevel towards themselves because this would put the handle away from their body which is obviously not something they could do. Does this makes sense?

That is pretty cool Magnus. My Heartring is one of favorites.

Wow, that is pretty darn cool stuff Magnus.
    Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed seeing that a lot

Kalaeb - hmm i been looking for a 151 or 152 since i sent mine to you :P so hard to find in ok condition. keep that razor or if you want to ever sell it let me know first , thay are as you know super nice shavers.

Birnando. my pleasure . i posted it cuz i thought more ppl would think it was intresting to see.

Fantastic piece of history there Magnus. Have you posted this one the razor forums? I'm sure they'd like to get this on the Wikis for people to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magnus View Post
    it makes sens once you have a ago at it i thought the same thing until i tryd it myself.

Maybe I will one day.