Quantcast
How many Straight Razor users do we have here? - Page 9
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magnus View Post
    hehe nope i just won a mk31 in ivory good condition 137kr (18$) about that SSA, its probleby gonna end up at a guy that i know

buy the soap from Tom (Lefty) i tryd it. very nice soap. buy a strop in good quality etc Miller. same with brush make sure you get a good one with badger hair.
    Damn you, i was actually hoping for one a Mk3_ with some nice handle, ah well.. they go cheap at tradera so i'll have to keep an eye out, and i blame Björnar for everything

And i will check out what both of you recommended, when i see what condition the knives are in

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    Damn you, i was actually hoping for one a Mk3_ with some nice handle, ah well.. they go cheap at tradera so i'll have to keep an eye out, and i blame Björnar for everything

And i will check out what both of you recommended, when i see what condition the knives are in
    Heh, I can live with that blame
    Always nice to welcome yet another straight razor shaver!
    Let me know if you need any help honing your razors, I'd be more than happy to help out.
    I'm bringing my stones to Helsingör this November, so we could do a little razor honing there as well
    That is, if you are attending that meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Birnando View Post
    Heh, I can live with that blame
    Always nice to welcome yet another straight razor shaver!
    Let me know if you need any help honing your razors, I'd be more than happy to help out.
    I'm bringing my stones to Helsingör this November, so we could do a little razor honing there as well
    That is, if you are attending that meet.

Of course i will, as long as i am able!
    And i found another J.A Hellberg for 92 swedish kronor incl shipping so i couldn't resist. If i don't like them i can just pass them on, i saw that they fetched decent prices on SRP so i'm probably not going to lose any money on it.

made a little video. sry about the crapy focus, used a phone to record.

Could not fight the urge to place a bid on a nr31 Erik Anton Berg Eskilstuna... and i won.
    So in a few days my ears will be no more than a memory!
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Been using straights off and on for 3-4. End up using a DE most of the time because I have been having a tough time getting the edge just right on a straight. It really is an art. When the edge is 'just right' they are so nice to shave with.

Last week I dusted off a Wapienica, gave it a touch up and finished with a couple of strops and the shave was sublime. I will be working on honing my skills to try and get a perfect edge more reliably.

Might have to work on upgrading the crappy SS scales on a few of these Wapienicas, they really are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistington View Post
    Could not fight the urge to place a bid on a nr31 Erik Anton Berg Eskilstuna... and i won.
    So in a few days my ears will be no more than a memory!
    Erik Anton Berg Makes great shavers.

I've tried so many straights and always come back to my first love - a late 1800's Wade & Butcher 7/8 Extra Hollow for being the very best shave I can get. I have an even older W&B wedge that I need to refurb and get into the rotation, it's so sweet with it's pressed horn scales and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I've tried so many straights and always come back to my first love - a late 1800's Wade & Butcher 7/8 Extra Hollow for being the very best shave I can get. I have an even older W&B wedge that I need to refurb and get into the rotation, it's so sweet with it's pressed horn scales and all.
    I have yet to find a useable W&B (pre 1900) that didn't handle well Took me forever to get my first W&B, than in about a month I got about 8 more LOL One is so far gone I couldn't save a single part of it. It's still together sitting on my shelf Others I ended up cutting off chunks of the blade to get them working again. Those old war horses just keep on working And they have some of the most interesting grinds

i wanna try a good W&B shaver. but im not good at them so i would not know what to buy. but the big choppers looks badass