Quantcast
How many Straight Razor users do we have here? - Page 3
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Here my biggest acquisitions
    Iwasaki Swedish and Tamahagane western both NOS

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Welcome to the club. Beware of HAD (Hone Acquisition Disorder).

Rick
    and RAD (razor acquisition disorder)

Here here. Currently using a Wostenholm Peerless. I've got fine hair, so shaving is not as much of a challenge for me.

I just started a couple months ago, love it.

Many years now, I cannot even think of going back to a cartrige. I got hooked soon after I discovered Japanese knives and have not shaved with anything else sence than. Something about the whole rutine that really captivates me, I love all the aspects of straight razor shaving. Many here and on other forums got hooked about the same time and we all had a great time bouncing back and forth about kitchen knives and straight razors. It's really cool that it's still rippling around this pond

I'm more hooked on vintage razors and only have one brand new razor, the SRP limited edition TI, most of my everyday shavers are 1850's ish and a couple late 1700's/very early 1800's. Just like my kitchen knives, if it doesn't show some wear/battle scars I'll not be interested in it. And carbon RULES!!! For a while I was doing videos of all my razors in use... I need to get the camera out and do more advanced videos someday lol.

Next one to rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Here my biggest acquisitions
    Iwasaki Swedish and Tamahagane western both NOS

damn nice razors! where did you find that Tamahagane western and how much did you pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magnus View Post
    damn nice razors! where did you find that Tamahagane western and how much did you pay for it
    Got them from Japan, I got real lucky and payed much less than what they usually go for, I have seen other NOS ones go for $1700 "buy it now" @ auctions.
    Those are super rare, people collect them and very very rarely one will find a western Iwasaki tamahagane for sale. By the way Shigefusa was a student under Iwasaki and took part in making some of those razors.

Just pulled the trigger on the Whipped Dog deal. I have much to learn. And am more worried about HAD than RAD at the moment -- though I don't know (yet) how to hone razors. This weekend I'll go at my first shave with a straight.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Got them from Japan, I got real lucky and payed much less than what they usually go for, I have seen other NOS ones go for $1700 "buy it now" @ auctions.
    Those are super rare, people collect them and very very rarely one will find a western Iwasaki tamahagane for sale. By the way Shigefusa was a student under Iwasaki and took part in making some of those razors.
    congratz on the good deal. yeah i think aframestokyo had one for sale at 1080$

Quote Originally Posted by Wagstaff View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on the Whipped Dog deal. I have much to learn. And am more worried about HAD than RAD at the moment -- though I don't know (yet) how to hone razors. This weekend I'll go at my first shave with a straight.
    i think u will ask yourself why you didnt start doing it earlier, let us hear about it when u had it