Quantcast
How many Straight Razor users do we have here? - Page 12
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Thanks, Magnus. So just sandpaper wrapped around your finger? For the liquid, do you use a small piece of cloth?

yepp i wet the paper to. watch out if the blade has etching if so be very gently and dont add water if so. that will be gone fast if u sand. and if its gold etching dont even use a polish liquid.

For polishing blades you can use wine cork and other cylindrical objects of various diameters.
    Check this tutorial out:

After I sand with sand paper I go to red aoto slurry to remove as much of the sanding marks as possible, works well for me.

Great tips! Thanks a lot.

I'll stick to my Non-Shiny stuff but you guys know me lol I'm way out in left field on what I like in a razor

If a wire wheel on my dremel doesn't get rit of it, it's not going anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    I'll stick to my Non-Shiny stuff but you guys know me lol I'm way out in left field on what I like in a razor

If a wire wheel on my dremel doesn't get rit of it, it's not going anywhere...
    I also like vintage look but I don't want active rust on the blade. But if I can make a 100year old knife look brand new in love that to.

Here is the MK31 dressed in Ivory i got for 18 bucks . Just had to do some cleaning, but even thou it had some rust this razor was in great shape with no honeware

Before pics.

Name:  2012-09-07170605.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  5.7 KB
    Name:  2012-09-07170637.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  6.4 KB

After pics.

Name:  2012-09-07190253.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  11.1 KB
    Name:  2012-09-07185833.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  8.1 KB
    Name:  2012-09-07185902.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  7.7 KB
    Name:  2012-09-07185644.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  8.7 KB
    Name:  2012-09-07190339.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  4.4 KB

Good job on saving the Ivory, that stuff is a bugger

I just made myself a new hanging strop, I'm calling it my "New Dog" (LOL), it's awesome for the edge but feels a tad slippery (for lack of draw). I can't believe how smooth it makes my old Frederick Reynolds wedge shave, that's saying something, you FR users know what I'm talking about.

I'm going to make another from the leftovers and treat it differently (get me some of that special magic leather conditioner stuff) and maybe even pretty up the edges to make it a little bit more "New Dog"(ish). Fun stuff

Nice Dave. Some pics? Do u have a linen side on the strop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I just made myself a new hanging strop, I'm calling it my "New Dog" (LOL), it's awesome for the edge but feels a tad slippery (for lack of draw). I can't believe how smooth it makes my old Frederick Reynolds wedge shave, that's saying something, you FR users know what I'm talking about.

I'm going to make another from the leftovers and treat it differently (get me some of that special magic leather conditioner stuff) and maybe even pretty up the edges to make it a little bit more "New Dog"(ish). Fun stuff