Quantcast
Cheap CBN and Diamond slurrys from US Products
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap CBN and Diamond slurrys from US Products

Cheap CBN and Diamond slurrys from US Products

For all you stropping nuts out there. Just received some .25 CBN and .125 DuPont diamond lapping slurrys from us-products.com. It's about $6 bucks for 50 grams, or just shy of two ounces of the heavy concentrate stuff. You can get in water or oil, I prefer water. Shipping is extra, mine was around $8. Just a heads up

Have not used yet, but quite excited to try soon!

Anyone ever try this?
    Or know of any other good deals on diamond slurries?
    Thanks
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I bought the 100gr verion and have been using both diamond & cbn slurry oil base for the last 6 months. The oil is smelly for a couple weeks, leave it outdoor help. Initially I smear the stuff onto balsa & leather using finger or table-knife, after that I put them in a spray bottle then spray + smear. The oil reduces surface friction for stropping, hence smoother strokes.

Diamond cuts very aggressively (much more than water base diamond suspension at the same grit), edge feels bity off 0.25um. CBN cuts very fast too (less than diamond slurry but more than diamond suspension). Edge off CBN is smooth + very shiny mirror bevel. Both abrasives slurry continue to cuts well when the strop is loaded with swarf (blacken). I end up with quite a few rounded but most annoying are wire-edge (sub 2 micron kind), not easy to correct either case.

Recently, I switched to diamond suspension & compound (water base) charged onto surfaces for hone & strop (12um to 0.1um mono&poly diamond). In this form, abrasive cuts slower but I don't have to deal with rounded & wire edge for over 98% of the time.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    So that is were I was getting those from.

I noticed a few days after I sharpened that I had some micro wire edges. I knew I didn't have any when I finished, but now I think back I didn't check after I stropped. I guess I need to do some less stropping.
    Chewie's the man.

Is there a link for the website?

Thanks guys!! Is the compound a suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    Thanks guys!! Is the compound a suspension?
    I am not sure the exact qty of abrasive in compound or slurry products.

Form:

* Compound = abrasives + small amt of lubricant. e.g. 5gr of abrasive + 1gr of gel detergent.

* Slurry = abrasives + large amt of lubricant. e.g. 5gr of abrasive added to 120gr of low viscosity mixture of oil or water solution.

* Suspension = abrasives + large amt of lubricant. e.g. 5gr of abrasive added to 120gr of high viscosity mixture of water+gel alcohol+wax. This company doesn't offers products in this form.

+ Reply to Thread