Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Keller Wa Handle Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I'll measure them tomorrow, I should have done that already
    Thanks Dave, I thought I had the measures somewhere but I don't find them. That said, #s 1 and 2 are both around 150mm long, that is clearly too long for shorter boning knives. #8 is a bit shorter but also a bit wider, so I was more thinking gyuto 210 or, if a shorter knife, then a heavier one like a deba. A 180 garasuki might work also, not sure what boning knives you have, Justin.

Stefan

This makes me want to buy more knives just to rehandle. I got a 10lb Beatty cleaver that could probably use a new handle.

I wish #7 was octagonal.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

The #6 handle is crazy guys - I've NEVER seen anything like it. We're talking oval shape bone scales with amboyna core that wraps completely around through the butt end and with a buffalo ferrule!

The handle will install with the striped amboyna section facing up and down. It's a surprisingly light handle.

I can't wait to get this one on a knife.

Someone just has to pick up this handle, it's too awesome not to get used. I see it on a high end knife because it's really top quality. I'm actually surprised that Stefan included it in this sale, great value here.

Someone just has to pick up this handle, it's too awesome not to get used. I see it on a high end knife because it's really top quality. I'm actually surprised that Stefan included it in this sale, great value here.
    Would the size work well on a 240 shig gyuto? I like bigger handles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    Would the size work well on a 240 shig gyuto? I like bigger handles too.

I'd say yes to this and Stefan said, "for a gyuto 240/270, 240 gyuto if larger handles are preferred"

Yes. Yes it is.