D. Martell Stefan Keller Wa Handle Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stefan and I have struck a deal to bring you some of his great handles with the installation price included! :thumbsup:

This is a Stefan Keller made high end wa handle installed my yours truly for one great price.

To kick start this off we have 9 very nice handles to show. Please see Stefan Keller Wa Handles for details

P1010008.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

The #6 handle is crazy guys - I've NEVER seen anything like it. We're talking oval shape bone scales with amboyna core that wraps completely around through the butt end and with a buffalo ferrule!

The handle will install with the striped amboyna section facing up and down. It's a surprisingly light handle.

I can't wait to get this one on a knife.:)

P1010009.JPG

The #3 handle is a show stopper as well. If you're a spalted wood fan this one is crazy, it's almost 3D. It's not always so easy to make spalted woods look so good so I can appreciate what Stefan put into this one.

Handle3.JPG

Handle 3.JPG

The purpleheart/holly stripes are confusing me. That is a crazy handle.

The purpleheart/holly stripes are confusing me. That is a crazy handle.

I've always had a soft spot for this particular handle...can't believe nobody has ever taken a chance on it.

Dave, could this be put on a new CCK 1303 without too much difficulty?

Tempting...

I've always had a soft spot for this particular handle...can't believe nobody has ever taken a chance on it.

Dave, could this be put on a new CCK 1303 without too much difficulty?

Tempting...

I've never once done a CCK rehandle but I can picture it being not so different than the norm. I suppose getting the old handle off might be the most challenge maybe? Could be a fun project to try. :)

Thanks for starting the sale, Dave. Just about the purple handle: I am also surprised that it is still here and several Hawaii knife aficionados have said the same ;) But I cannot even claim all the fame for this, the handle part came pretty much as a round tube from ebay. I then inserted a piece of soft wood and drilled the slot into this. Also added a few more layers of finish for protection. I had to leave it round because the inlaid stripes of holly don't go very deep and if had changed the shape, it would probably have looked awkward. But I tapered the ferrule a bit to improve the grip over a completely round piece. Oh, and if you want a matching petty, I have a piece of the same tube in smaller diameter :)

Stefan

Do you have sizes on any of these handles? I really like 1,2, and 8 but both of the knives that need new handles are small boning knives in the 150-180mm range

Do you have sizes on any of these handles? I really like 1,2, and 8 but both of the knives that need new handles are small boning knives in the 150-180mm range

I'll measure them tomorrow, I should have done that already

I'll measure them tomorrow, I should have done that already

Thanks Dave, I thought I had the measures somewhere but I don't find them. That said, #s 1 and 2 are both around 150mm long, that is clearly too long for shorter boning knives. #8 is a bit shorter but also a bit wider, so I was more thinking gyuto 210 or, if a shorter knife, then a heavier one like a deba. A 180 garasuki might work also, not sure what boning knives you have, Justin.

Stefan

The #6 handle is crazy guys - I've NEVER seen anything like it. We're talking oval shape bone scales with amboyna core that wraps completely around through the butt end and with a buffalo ferrule!

The handle will install with the striped amboyna section facing up and down. It's a surprisingly light handle.

I can't wait to get this one on a knife.:)

Someone just has to pick up this handle, it's too awesome not to get used. I see it on a high end knife because it's really top quality. I'm actually surprised that Stefan included it in this sale, great value here.

Someone just has to pick up this handle, it's too awesome not to get used. I see it on a high end knife because it's really top quality. I'm actually surprised that Stefan included it in this sale, great value here.

Would the size work well on a 240 shig gyuto? I like bigger handles too.

Would the size work well on a 240 shig gyuto? I like bigger handles too.

I'd say yes to this and Stefan said, "for a gyuto 240/270, 240 gyuto if larger handles are preferred"

I have a few thoughts but the knife I've wanted new shoes for the longest would be my 270 Tojiro Bread knife. Lipstick on a pig? I love that knife and I think it deserves something nice. The size sounds perfect and I hate it's current handle.

I have a few thoughts but the knife I've wanted new shoes for the longest would be my 270 Tojiro Bread knife. Lipstick on a pig? I love that knife and I think it deserves something nice. The size sounds perfect and I hate it's current handle.

Hmmm...I can't picture that combo working but this wouldn't be the first time that a customer had a great idea that I couldn't see in my mind.

Ooooo 6 sold, like Dave I cannot wait to see what that is going on, and just to see it together with a blade. That is one of the nicest handles I have ever seen, congrats on the lucky owner. Better have a clean knife to put that beauty on.

Congrats! I just got a new wa handle for the same knife. Yours will look so bad-a**!

I'll take a few shots of my own when it arrives from Mike's, but for now head here to see his work.

it looks like you have 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8 left on your website. Just thought I would post that for people trying to figure out what is left.

Back