Other vendors

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could provide information about japan-tool.com, thejapanblade.com and toshoknifearts.com. Specifically, is japan-tool still active in sales? Has anyone bought stones from thejapanblade? Finally, have US customers of Tosho been dinged by duties?

So always sells stones don't pay attention to what his front page says, not sure whats the purpose of that either.
thejapanblade is somewhat popular with razor users, not sure if he has suitable knife stones, the price tags of some stones compared to other vendors are way too high for me.

thejapanblade.com does have stones for knives, though as noted they are very expensive. The narutaki tomae I got there a while back is the best stone I've ever used.

My experiences with japan-tool.com are less positive. For one thing, the stone you see in the pictures, which is usually perfect, is not always available. The stone you get will be considerably less perfect. With thejapanblade.com and aframestokyo.com, the stone you see is the stone you get.

My experiences with japan-tool.com are less positive. For one thing, the stone you see in the pictures, which is usually perfect, is not always available. The stone you get will be considerably less perfect.
not to mention in case of razor stones not as advertised but pretty overpriced based on cosmetics and mysticism

Back