Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good steel and BBQ- more fustration

Pre crust-

Post crust-

Sliced-

And before anyone askes- here are the ribs

Quote Originally Posted by UnConundrum View Post
    Jim, I use my Phil Wilson for the briskets. Does a fabulous job trimming and decent with the bark. Sometimes it needs just a little help getting started, but the damn thing could go a whole competition season without needing a sharpening, right Dave ?

Yeah it does ago a long time. I actually didn't realize that you used it on cooked meat too. What's the steel - S30V?

Jim, the sliced picture just my my stomach growl and I just finished eating dinner.

do you guys marinade your roasts? i see the crust your referring to and that looks very thick (and overcooked :P)! i guess we just do our beef differently here, i have mine rare so if doing a roast i'll just seal it on a hot plate then bbq it till it's only just cooked through. no tough crust and beautiful, juicy flesh. at most there'll be some salt/pepper/mustard/herbs either stuffed or rubbed outside.

Dave, that's not rare meat.... that's a smoke ring

Jim, you wouldn't be looking to adopt a large Canadian knife maker with a big appetite would you...please...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Blade View Post
    Jim, you wouldn't be looking to adopt a large Canadian knife maker with a big appetite would you...please...
    I am positive we can work something out!

Sweet! Man, I gotta give you props, that brisket looks fantastic! I got a rib rub recipe from you a while back, it has been my goto since I got it.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Got a Treager last year and have been doing lots of Texas BBQ. My Chinese cleaver works great.

Quote Originally Posted by rancho View Post
    do you guys marinade your roasts? i see the crust your referring to and that looks very thick (and overcooked :P)! i guess we just do our beef differently here, i have mine rare so if doing a roast i'll just seal it on a hot plate then bbq it till it's only just cooked through. no tough crust and beautiful, juicy flesh. at most there'll be some salt/pepper/mustard/herbs either stuffed or rubbed outside.
    BBQ is a technique that takes large and tough chunks of meat and cooks them at low temperatures for many hours,utilizing wood smoke as well as heat. The internal temps of a brisket when done are 195-205 which leaves it butter tender.

Do not confuse grilling with traditional BBQ