Quantcast
Good steel and BBQ- more fustration - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good steel and BBQ- more fustration

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Blade View Post
    Sweet! Man, I gotta give you props, that brisket looks fantastic! I got a rib rub recipe from you a while back, it has been my goto since I got it.
    Wonderful to hear! I love BBQ and sharing rubs and sauces is almost as much fun as eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    BBQ is a technique that takes large and tough chunks of meat and cooks them at low temperatures for many hours,utilizing wood smoke as well as heat. The internal temps of a brisket when done are 195-205 which leaves it butter tender.

Do not confuse grilling with traditional BBQ
    ah, i see. never met anyone who smokes. we just bake (roasts) or grill (steaks) with our bbqs

I was going to post my brisket when I got home. But Jim posted his pictures, and now I feel a little inferior.:o

Quote Originally Posted by UnConundrum View Post
    Dave, that's not rare meat.... that's a smoke ring

Ha Ha Ha

Engorged Member
    Ever thought of sharpening with just a 500 grit stone? A suji w/ micro serrations would probably work great!
    Pesky

My god do I want to eat that.

When I slice my brisket I flip the packer over so that the fat side is up. I trim the fat from the point then and slice from that side. This also helps me make sure I'm cutting against the grain. Fat off = visible grain. I usually have enough cutting momentum by the time I hit the bark that there is no problem slicing through. Because I have to deal with presentation I feel that slicing on the bottom side help me avoid any problems. Then I cut what's left of the point, once I have enough slices, into burn ends.

Pork shoulder:

Ribs (mine aren't quite as dark as yours):

i got a good idea jim....don't make it so crusty!.....problem solved....just boil or stem that brisket!.....ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    i got a good idea jim....don't make it so crusty!.....problem solved....just boil or stem that brisket!.....ryan
    Banished..... to the room with boiled ribs with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Banished..... to the room with boiled ribs with you!
    Can we ban him?