Quantcast
Personal Message
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Message

Personal Message

The message box can only take 50 messages. So what happens to mails if my box is full, I sent a mail to day and found out my box was full later. Did it go through?

What happens if somebody tries to reach me? will the messages be restored and sent to me when I emty my messagebox?

I liked the personal message system at KF far better. Can we have one of those instead of what we have to day?

The software for the PM system is packaged with the VB software and is mostly static. If your mailbox is full the sender will get a message to that effect.

Another personal mail issue. It says I can have 50 messages but when I hit 21 messages it says it is full and won't let me send messages anymore. Even the colored status bar shows I have space.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Another personal mail issue. It says I can have 50 messages but when I hit 21 messages it says it is full and won't let me send messages anymore. Even the colored status bar shows I have space.

k.
    I can't send a PM to you about the paring knife. The forum software says your box is full.

I'm having to download my old messages and delete to make space, myself.

BTW, it's a 3.5 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post

k.

Hi Karring,
    I double checked on the back end and the system says that you have 50 messages saved. This number includes sent messages as well as received.

BTW, while we're on this subject.... I've been looking into changes and upgrades for the PM system because I sort of dislike the default layout. I'm hesitant to make any changes to the current permissions until I figure out what I'm going to do with this issue as a whole.

[QUOTE=Dave Martell;11697]Hi Karring,
    Ok, I figured out where I could see the saved messages and deleted them. You were right Dave. Things on track again, just wasn't used to navigating that page as I don't use it all that much.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    BTW, while we're on this subject.... I've been looking into changes and upgrades for the PM system because I sort of dislike the default layout. I'm hesitant to make any changes to the current permissions until I figure out what I'm going to do with this issue as a whole.
    I do like "threaded" private messages, so you can see all the previous messages sent and received in the conversation, rather than having to keep going to back to your sent folder and inbox.

+1 to threaded PMs.

k.

We can only provide what the software has built in, unfortunately this is it.