Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: We need your help (read:opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    we just finished adding a bunch of general brand descriptions to our site... there may be a few left to do, but i think i got most of them. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.
    I like it; and I'll like it even more when you finish Hide and Ittetsu.

we just finished adding a bunch of general brand descriptions to our site... there may be a few left to do, but i think i got most of them. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.
    They're great, Jon. Thanks for doing them so quickly!

I noticed that when I select Gesshin Ginga, the first so many knives are Ashi. Not sure whether that's intentional.

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    I like it; and I'll like it even more when you finish Hide and Ittetsu.
    i thought the Gesshin Hide had a link that talks more about them... gesshin ittetsu i still need to do. It will have to wait until i have some more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    They're great, Jon. Thanks for doing them so quickly!

I noticed that when I select Gesshin Ginga, the first so many knives are Ashi. Not sure whether that's intentional.

Thanks,

Mark
    that is intentional... i've got 4 left and thats the easiest place to put them

this kind of multiple shot video requires me to do some video editing (which i dont do now)... i think i can make it work. The main reason i did the closer shot wasnt to focus on my face, but to allow the knives to fill more of the screen when i hold them up. I do agree that i move them in and out pretty quickly... maybe i can hold them up for a longer time or maybe i can shoot a separate video of just the knives.

On the new knife design, i have quite a few things in development right now and i think one or two may fit the bill.

Also, on stones, i have plans to do a general stone overview video as soon as i have the time. In fact, in addition to the things all of you have suggested, i have a long list of things i plan on doing.
    I was thinking about this more - two ways you could possibly do it w/ little not or no editing; 1) stand in front of a table, with approximately the same zoom, and give an intro to the knives, then have your assisant (ahem, Sara) pans the camera down to the table where you can show the knife in detail and describe it's characteristics and let poepl really soak in the knife visually. Then, your lovely assistant (ahem, Sara) could pan the camera back up to your face for closing comments. 2) do a point of view or over the shoulder shot, as you've done in the sharpening seminars/videos. But this would probably eliminate any shot of your face unless you edited the vid.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

yeah... i'm thinking of how i can do this best. Its not all that important that i'm in the videos, but it just felt odd when it was a lot of me talking and my hands doing nothing. However, it is worthwhile to note that most of the videos i shoot now days, i do entirely by myself, so i have no helper to move a camera.

Jon, your product selection on your site can be filtered by brand and type. Have you thought about sorting by type of steel? So with one click I can see your entire selection of white #2, for example.

Are you sorry you asked for our suggestions/opinions yet, Jon?